cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ares II custom loop - check it out

Ace_Jas_2-0
Level 7
Hey guys, just though you might wanna check out the custom cooling setup on my Ares II card. Now it's part of my main loop and the cover still fits back on a normal.
6 REPLIES 6

kkn
Level 14
if they are abowe 1 MB its a no go, resize so they get under 1MB.

kkn wrote:
if they are abowe 1 MB its a no go, resize so they get under 1MB.

That explains it... Thank-you!

Zka17
Level 16
So, the VRAM and other parts of the Ares II is still cooled by the original way, you have changed the waterblocks on the GPUs - right?

I like the idea! Now, the question is how the temps have changed? Have you done some comparative benchmarking?

Zka17 wrote:
So, the VRAM and other parts of the Ares II is still cooled by the original way, you have changed the waterblocks on the GPUs - right?

I like the idea! Now, the question is how the temps have changed? Have you done some comparative benchmarking?

That's correct, the rest of the pcb components are cooled by the original metal heat-sink and fan. Just removed the original gpu block/pump setup and replaced them with the EK waterblocks.
I haven't tested it yet, but i expect it to be cooler, as it should be getting a higher flow than the original blocks. But what seems to be more logical isn't always better, so we'll have to wait and see. I'll post the results asap.

Zka17
Level 16
Subscribed! I'm curious how your new toy performs... 🙂