cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5 Crashing to Black Screen with every game

djuplfit
Level 7
I have 2 ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5 currently configured in SLI and connected to 3 DCLLCD 20 Inch monitors. Every single ****ing game I play crashes to a black screen (sound still works) and requires me to reboot as the machine becomes totally unresponsive after this happens. I have tried rebuilding the machine, changing driver version ranging from 320.14 to current. Different settings in the games, SLI on, SLI off etc.. I have even swapped which card is the main in the SLI config... I am also seeing tons of flickering and artifacts in some games... I have done clean driver installs etc..

Nothing seems to work to fix this problem.. I am lost..

Do I need to RMA these guys to Asus under the one year warranty?

- Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge OC @4.6GHz - ASUS Maximus V EXTREME -
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified x2 SLI - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling
40 REPLIES 40

Zka17
Level 16
If you're overclocking any part of your PC you may actually run out of juice with that 750W PSU you have in your signature...

Do you have the possibility to try a bigger PSU? Or just simply try your system with only one graphics card - will crash then too?

I also would reset the BIOS at stocks and give a try in that way...

djuplfit
Level 7
I can try turning off the overclock on the CPU. I don't have a bigger PSU around if I did I would be using it. I have the GPU set to 110% power target with GPU Tweak.

I will mess with the overclock settings and see if that has an effect..

CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified x2 SLI - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling

djuplfit
Level 7
What wattage PSU would do the job better? 800 enough or should I shoot for 860 to 900? I would ideally like to OC both the CPU and both GPU's?

Zka17
Level 16
The thing is that you have other components on your system which needs power too... like that H100i, I assume you also have fans too...

Personally I never tried those GTX660s, but from my experience with other models, I wouldn't go below 1000W in an SLI system... - I know, prehaps it's an overkill, but then you have peace in your mind...

The reason I was mentioning to reset the BIOS at stocks is that a general instability may cause similar symptoms...

how high reaches the temperature of the gpu?
You have installed gpu tweak?
You can adjust the fan speed option, "user define" and make sure that the gpu does not exceed 60 degrees c.
By optimizing the curve "gpu temperature - fan speed"
If the gpu go over 70 degrees c is easy to have graphical artifacts ...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
First off have you tested with no CPU OC and no GPU OC more than the factory one?

There are lots of people with problems with SLI on 320.XX drivers at the moment.....you could try a 314.xx series driver just to test....make sure your SLI bridge is working OK...lots of dodgy bridges out there.

You could also downclock your cards to stock (non factory OCd) settings for the 660 and see if the problem clears up....

For me, unless the PSU is actually bad or really old...750 should run that rig fine certainly at stock without these problems...

CanadianKid
Level 8
Driver version 314.07 has helped in my SLI config. maybe worth a shot.
NZXT Phantom | Maximus V Formula TFX | 3770K - H100 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 Dual Channel | 2x ASUS GTX680 DCUII 4 GB | Corsair AX860i | WD 1 TB HDD

djuplfit : i would go 314 or pre 314 and use those drivers. the 320+ are buggy as he|| and have killed cards too.

kkn
Level 14
newest driver for my cards is giving me artifacs in sli