Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Most after market OC tools for graphic cards have provision for increasing the voltage to the memory of the video card. Just up the voltage using software and test mate.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I will try that with Precision X tomorrow..

- Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge OC @4.6GHz - ASUS Maximus V EXTREME -
    CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified x2 SLI - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling

Assume all was good then...?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Not yet, been at work for the last 12 hours.. I will be getting to this later today after a long nap... I work 12 hour shifts for 3 and 4 days at a time.. Have been working for the last 3 days.. Finally gonna have some time to get to this..
    Last edited by djuplfit; 08-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.

CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified x2 SLI - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling

No worries mate I was just checking to see how it went. You enjoy your sleep and speak later.

Been using Precision X for week or so, I still occasionally get the issue when playing Skyrim; but again this is the only game that produces this error. I am inclined to believe it is related to either ENB or all the HD texture mods I am using and nothing to do with my Video cards..

As for my games going to black screens all the time, 314.07 driver seems to have solved that issue.. My hope is that some of Nvidia's upcoming drivers will be more SLI stable... We shall see...

ROG Member Array

i had a similar problem with the same cards as the OP. games having this problem are grid 2 and max payne 3. game freezes then black screen then hard reset. windows event viewers logs driver crash/TDR. my solution was to downclock the cards. problem went away. i'm using latest nvidia beta driver. hope this helps.

i'm also going to try hivizman's suggestion on upping the vram voltage. how much voltage could i safely raise? i gotta say i've no experience with this.
    1. AMD FX-8150, ASUS Crosshair V Formula, ASUS 660 ti DirectCU II TOP x 2 in SLi, 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 2133mhz DDR3, Seasonic X-1050 1050w, Windows 8 Pro

2. AMD Phenom II X6 1055t, ASUS Crosshair II Formula, Inno3D GTX 560 x 2 in SLi, 4GB OCZ 1033mhz DDR2 SLi-series, FSP Aurum 750w, Windows 8 Pro

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by djuplfit View Post
    Been using Precision X for week or so, I still occasionally get the issue when playing Skyrim; but again this is the only game that produces this error. I am inclined to believe it is related to either ENB or all the HD texture mods I am using and nothing to do with my Video cards..
    If it only happens on Skyrim then it's probably what you said. I'd suggest that you remove those mods to check. If it stops happening then start adding mods back one by one to figure out which is the bad one (or doesn't play nice with the rest). Such issues are common with any game's mods.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSG5 View Post
    i had a similar problem with the same cards as the OP. games having this problem are grid 2 and max payne 3. game freezes then black screen then hard reset. windows event viewers logs driver crash/TDR. my solution was to downclock the cards. problem went away. i'm using latest nvidia beta driver. hope this helps.

i'm also going to try hivizman's suggestion on upping the vram voltage. how much voltage could i safely raise? i gotta say i've no experience with this.
    How did you go about downclocking the card?

What should I down clock too?

Some of my games are still doing this ****, Hawken and PS2..

I noticed if I do not play in surround mode I don't have this issue either...

It's starting to look like an issue with Nvidia surround..
    Last edited by djuplfit; 09-14-2013 at 09:11 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

The downclocking you do in afterburner or precision x. Just slide the slider left not right for core clock. How much?.Google the reference values for the GPU and set those......but as you say it does seem more if a problem of drivers mods etc than the cards....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4