cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working install for wlan in Maximus VI Gene with Intel Centrino 6235 advanced

mahe0543
Level 7
Yesterday I bought this card: Intel Centrino 6235 advanced ( Intel: 6235AN.HMWWB).
Found som standard antenna cables with small connectors and some standard w-lan antennas

The hardest part of the handy-work was to put the combo mPCIE in place on the motherboard, I think and also connect the connectors of the antenna cables on the intel card.

I got Windows Home Premium x64

These drivers I had to install to get it all to work

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for IT Administrators (7/23/2013 | Version: All | Latest | Software Applications)
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* (5/22/2013 | 15.8.0 | Latest | Software Applications)

After this I got one blue screen tring to use the 5kHz, use 2.4kHz now and it works fine.

I also uses Router Asus RT-N66U.

Hope you all get help by this.
I will also keep try the 5kHz in the near future.
CM HAF XB MidTower | Intel i7-4770K | MAXIMUS VI GENE | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA | Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz 16GB | 2 Samsung SSD 840 PROSeries 256GB 2.5" | Lite-On DVD±RW Writer | Corsair CX 750M| 2 CM Blade Master 80mm Fan | CM MegaFlow 200 Red LED | CM SickleFlow 120mm Red LED | Combo mPCIe, Intel Centrino 6235 advanced |Asus 24" LED VN247H| Win 7 HP.
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks mate this is a very helpful post as many folks want to do this.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
chaitu87 please start your own thread mate so that folks will see it and be able to help you. 🙂 Or it will get lost in this one.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

PCunicorn
Level 7
Old thread necro, I know, but OP did you get bluetooth working with the drivers? Or only WiFi?