Banned Array

Question Asus MVE - how to reset or uninstall Fan Xpert 2? I want my PWM settings back on auto

hi!

I am learning this new MVE board here and stumbled upon Fan Xpert 2 tool in AI Suite ... it happened that I have run the Auto-fan setup/tuning tool and it altered my fans PWM settings in Windows (not in BIOS though) ... thing is that I rely on CPu PWM output of motherboard, so my smarty pants fan controller adjusts the voltage of radiator fans based on this input (proportional to CPU temperature) ... now it doesn't work anymore since Fan Xpert 2 loads with Windows and overrides all fans to a recently chosen preset (silent / standard / turbo or full speed) ...

How do I reset Fan Xpert 2 to untouched state or uninstall this tool? I need pure unaltered CPU PWM output for my fan controller (without Fan Xpert 2 interfering in between).

thanks for help!
    Last edited by feniks; 09-22-2012 at 09:01 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey buddy! I'll be joining you shortly. Hope ya get the fan issue worked out.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by bmw477 View Post
    Hey buddy! I'll be joining you shortly. Hope ya get the fan issue worked out.
    hey man, nice to see you on this side
    have fun with your MVE, it's a solid board!

Banned Array

problem solved.

Using the AI Suite Installer I uninstalled Fan Xpert 2 and now I can again normally control the rad fans using automatic CPU PWM output (dependent on BIOS settings for CPU temp & fan speeds and thresholds).

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array apocalypzez PC Specs
    apocalypzez PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)I would like to get a sexy 'LAP'top...;p
    MotherboardMaximus IX APEX
    ProcessorCore i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 2x8GB kits
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition
    Graphics Card #2Can't afford it
    Graphics Card #3!!!!
    Graphics Card #4!!!!!!!
    Sound CardMotherboard Built-in
    MonitorDell U3011
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 in RAID0 (trying to)
    Storage #2WD RED 3TB x 2
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro 360mm AIO
    CaseNZXT H700i
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon RGB Mech Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse (Wired)
    Headset Corsair Vengenace Pro 2000
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula (2011 model)
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z2300 (the king of all 2.1 PC Speakers)
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterTP-Link C3150 AC Router

Welcome guys!!!

With fan xpert what I like to do is quiet boot settings and and quiet (turbo is surprisingly quiet so I leave it there) windows boot. When stress testing I enable full speed option. So when I'm browsing I have it quiet.
    ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypzez View Post
    Welcome guys!!!

With fan xpert what I like to do is quiet boot settings and and quiet (turbo is surprisingly quiet so I leave it there) windows boot. When stress testing I enable full speed option. So when I'm browsing I have it quiet.
    thanks

I chose to remove that software, because my rad fans are hooked up to Sunbeam Rheosmart fan controller (which is hooked up to CPU PWM fan socket) and it can adjust the fans silent vs full performance by sensing the CPU PWM output from the board.

it's good software regardless, just not for me he he

ROG Enthusiast Array

Any of you guys using PWM fans? I was a tad upset to find that although page 1-46 of the manual shows all pinouts to be 4 pin, and describes them with the classic PWM pinout, I can't seem to figure how to get a normal PWM signal from any other than the CPU_OPT. There is mention of CHA_FAN 1 having some sort of control in the bios...it refers to duty cycle, but I can't even get a proper PWM signal from that fan connector.
    Just finishing TJ 11 WC.. trying to control cooling via total PWM
    Asus Max V Extreme
    Intel 3770K
    Corsair 16gig Platinum 1866
    2 X GTX 690 (EVGA) with aftermarket EVGA water blocks and backplates
    Samsung 830 Series 512GB + 3 WD mechanical HD's
    Swiftech Apogee Drive II
    Swiftech MCP35X2
    Alphacool NexXxos UT60's quad, triple and single 120's
    Rad fans 11 x NF-F12 PWM
    Corsair 1200i PSU
    Swiftech Maelstrom
    AFT Pro-57U card reader

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Macforth View Post
    Any of you guys using PWM fans? I was a tad upset to find that although page 1-46 of the manual shows all pinouts to be 4 pin, and describes them with the classic PWM pinout, I can't seem to figure how to get a normal PWM signal from any other than the CPU_OPT. There is mention of CHA_FAN 1 having some sort of control in the bios...it refers to duty cycle, but I can't even get a proper PWM signal from that fan connector.
    nope, all my fans are 3-pin, however I use only 2 motherboard headers for fans (by CPU socket), for 2 exhaust fans. all my rad fans are connected through PCBs to fan controller.
    I use CPU_OPT for sensing the MB/CPU temp related PWM (my fan controller uses it for auto-fan feature on rads) and on CPU fan socket I plugged in my water pump tacho, so I can see it.

New ROGer Array

How do you reset the fan auto tune settings without uninstalling the program? I accidentally ran the auto tune but don't want it on. Now the only way I can get my fans to run on their normal profiles is to uninstall the entire AI Suite. Reinstalling the AI Suite set my fans back to the custom settings that I don't want. Is there a log file somewhere that I can delete? I don't want to uninstall the entire program.

New ROGer Array

Are there any way to delete fan setting profiles?