cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750jx Audio problem w/ Subwoofer

ObviousFTW
Level 7
I have a G750jx and would like to know how to disable the sub-woofer speaker, When I go the Realtek Audio Manager there is an option to adjust the level of the sub but when its completely turned off the left and right speaker also lose that bass sound, like it sounds muffled and quieter

Reason why I\m asking is that the left side sounds a little louder than the right because of the location of the sub that also produces sound, just asking because it really bugs me how my little $300 acer has better sound then my $2000 asus

Other than that, great laptop
5 REPLIES 5

DeltaActual
Level 12
open up MaxxAudio and play with controls there.
G614JV

liqdnitro
Level 7
You can also rightclick the speaker icon > playback devices, select "speakers and hit properties > Levels tab > adjust the Subwoofer levels. Other threads are looking like parking it around 70% should give you reasonable volume and avoid the worst of the fuzzing/distortion.

Yvan44
Level 7
Hi thank you for this thread!! i've had a JZ since June and the sub crackles a lot . THanks to you i have ( after 6 months ^^) uninstalled the realtek audiodriver and .. my games have NEVER sound better !

you got better audio just by uninstalling the driver? mine is fine right now but i'll probably gonna try this and see if there is any difference...

Yvan44 wrote:
Hi thank you for this thread!! i've had a JZ since June and the sub crackles a lot . THanks to you i have ( after 6 months ^^) uninstalled the realtek audiodriver and .. my games have NEVER sound better !

Hi,
for me, the audio sounds very thin and tinny when i first load on an operation system (which i do a lot, see sig) without the driver for the sub-woofer.
when the driver is loaded it is night and day difference.
you can adjust the max audio to give more bass even with out the sub-woofer which will help

i am sure it sounds better now than with a crackly speaker but you could rma back to the dealer for this defect.
i would say it was worth it the get the sound you paid for.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16