ROG Member Array

mPCIe combo II, 2T2R wifi antenna for maximus VI formula - Help

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought the Maximus VI formula motherboard, and it's brilliant. Accessories for the board included the mPCIe combo II with wifi-bluetooth, and a wifi antenna. I never used wifi, didn't have the need for it :D, but i just bought a laptop so i needed to get wifi, and i did :) and i thought lets reduce the wire clutter from my pc and add the wifi, so took out the items i needed from the boards box and set them on the ground near the pc i kneeled on the ground to open the side of my case and as i stood up i stepped on both the antenna and the mPCIe and broke them. Now i need help from you guys :) can i get replacements for the parts? and if not could you recommend any good wifi bluetooth combo cards with a good antenna.

All of your help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Vilhelm

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Ouch - and no I do not know where you get replacements from.

So consider this a free bump mate. I wonder if there is a ASUS online store near you, they may have these spares. Or try your retailer and ask them to get it in for you.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

I just purchased a desktop with the 2t2R dual band wi-fi movng antenna included. What does it do exactly? Moving? Hoping it boosts my Wi-Fi signal but so far it hasn't. Maybe I don't have it plugged into the right location? Anyone had any luck with it? Thanks, Karen

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array meankeys PC Specs
    meankeys PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex / Maximus IX APEX / Rampage V EX V10
    Processor7920X / 5960X / 6950X / 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z - 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #3ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCool Express SS
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 1200W
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

Quote Originally Posted by Gtechzero View Post
    Hello everyone,

Recently I bought the Maximus VI formula motherboard, and it's brilliant. Accessories for the board included the mPCIe combo II with wifi-bluetooth, and a wifi antenna. I never used wifi, didn't have the need for it , but i just bought a laptop so i needed to get wifi, and i did and i thought lets reduce the wire clutter from my pc and add the wifi, so took out the items i needed from the boards box and set them on the ground near the pc i kneeled on the ground to open the side of my case and as i stood up i stepped on both the antenna and the mPCIe and broke them. Now i need help from you guys can i get replacements for the parts? and if not could you recommend any good wifi bluetooth combo cards with a good antenna.

All of your help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Vilhelm
    ouch is right

If it is the same as the MVE I have a spare and you are welcome to it. I dont have time to research it at the moment but if its the same PM me your address and what all you need and I will be more than happy to hook you up

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by meankeys View Post
    ouch is right

If it is the same as the MVE I have a spare and you are welcome to it. I dont have time to research it at the moment but if its the same PM me your address and what all you need and I will be more than happy to hook you up
    Did he get back to you on your card?

My mPCIe has apparently just died after working perfectly for a year. I have no idea what happened. Software is not the cause as I keep daily backups and rolled back easily to when there was no issue to no avail.

My setup is just like yours: MVE, 32GB G Skill Trident, Dual GTX670, Dual SanDisk Extreme SSD, Dual 2TB Barracuda RAID 0, Dual 3TB Barracuda Storage - all about worthless without Internet connectivity. I'm just in Ohio and I'm thinking Vilhelm is overseas
    Maximus V Extreme, i7-3770K (delidded), 32GB G.Skill Rampage Z 2400 RAM, 2x Gigabyte OC 4GB GTX 670, Corsair AX1200i Power, Corsair H100i Cooling, Asus Xonar Essence STX, 2x Sandisk 240GB SSD, 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Raid O, 2x Seagate Barracuda 3GB Internal Backup, Asus 12X Blu-Ray Writer, Ducky Mech keyboard, Logitech Performance Mouse, CM Storm Stryker case, Blue Yeti, Sennheiser HD600

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array meankeys PC Specs
    meankeys PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex / Maximus IX APEX / Rampage V EX V10
    Processor7920X / 5960X / 6950X / 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z - 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #3ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCool Express SS
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 1200W
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

No He has not. If you need it its yours. PM me your address and Ill send it your way.

New ROGer Array

Here is a link to the item at the ASUS e-store. Unfortunately, the item is currently out of stock.