cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mPCIe combo II, 2T2R wifi antenna for maximus VI formula - Help

Gtechzero
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Recently I bought the Maximus VI formula motherboard, and it's brilliant. Accessories for the board included the mPCIe combo II with wifi-bluetooth, and a wifi antenna. I never used wifi, didn't have the need for it :D, but i just bought a laptop so i needed to get wifi, and i did 🙂 and i thought lets reduce the wire clutter from my pc and add the wifi, so took out the items i needed from the boards box and set them on the ground near the pc i kneeled on the ground to open the side of my case and as i stood up i stepped on both the antenna and the mPCIe and broke them. Now i need help from you guys 🙂 can i get replacements for the parts? and if not could you recommend any good wifi bluetooth combo cards with a good antenna.

All of your help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Vilhelm
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ouch - and no I do not know where you get replacements from.

So consider this a free bump mate. I wonder if there is a ASUS online store near you, they may have these spares. Or try your retailer and ask them to get it in for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I just purchased a desktop with the 2t2R dual band wi-fi movng antenna included. What does it do exactly? Moving? Hoping it boosts my Wi-Fi signal but so far it hasn't. Maybe I don't have it plugged into the right location? Anyone had any luck with it? Thanks, Karen

meankeys
Level 13
Gtechzero wrote:
Hello everyone,

Recently I bought the Maximus VI formula motherboard, and it's brilliant. Accessories for the board included the mPCIe combo II with wifi-bluetooth, and a wifi antenna. I never used wifi, didn't have the need for it :D, but i just bought a laptop so i needed to get wifi, and i did 🙂 and i thought lets reduce the wire clutter from my pc and add the wifi, so took out the items i needed from the boards box and set them on the ground near the pc i kneeled on the ground to open the side of my case and as i stood up i stepped on both the antenna and the mPCIe and broke them. Now i need help from you guys 🙂 can i get replacements for the parts? and if not could you recommend any good wifi bluetooth combo cards with a good antenna.

All of your help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Vilhelm

ouch is right

If it is the same as the MVE I have a spare and you are welcome to it. I dont have time to research it at the moment but if its the same PM me your address and what all you need and I will be more than happy to hook you up 🙂

meankeys wrote:
ouch is right

If it is the same as the MVE I have a spare and you are welcome to it. I dont have time to research it at the moment but if its the same PM me your address and what all you need and I will be more than happy to hook you up 🙂

Did he get back to you on your card?

My mPCIe has apparently just died after working perfectly for a year. I have no idea what happened. Software is not the cause as I keep daily backups and rolled back easily to when there was no issue to no avail.

My setup is just like yours: MVE, 32GB G Skill Trident, Dual GTX670, Dual SanDisk Extreme SSD, Dual 2TB Barracuda RAID 0, Dual 3TB Barracuda Storage - all about worthless without Internet connectivity. I'm just in Ohio and I'm thinking Vilhelm is overseas
Maximus V Extreme, i7-3770K (delidded), 32GB G.Skill Rampage Z 2400 RAM, 2x Gigabyte OC 4GB GTX 670, Corsair AX1200i Power, Corsair H100i Cooling, Asus Xonar Essence STX, 2x Sandisk 240GB SSD, 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Raid O, 2x Seagate Barracuda 3GB Internal Backup, Asus 12X Blu-Ray Writer, Ducky Mech keyboard, Logitech Performance Mouse, CM Storm Stryker case, Blue Yeti, Sennheiser HD600

meankeys
Level 13
No He has not. If you need it its yours. PM me your address and Ill send it your way.

Brassbuttons
Level 7
Here is a link to the item at the ASUS e-store. Unfortunately, the item is currently out of stock.