ROG Member Array

PWM/Manual fan mode in BIOS instead of DC/Auto fan mode

I just built a new rig with a Maximus VIII Hero, i5 6600k and Corsair H100i GTX.

When I installed the Corsair Link software the H100iGTX Cooler fan sensor is blinking RED and @ 0 RPM. Corsair tech support is telling me to disable PWM/Manual fan mode in BIOS instead of DC/Auto fan mode. Where can I find this setting? FYI the cooling block is plugged into CPU_FAN header.

Also, is the AI Suite 5-point optimization actually useful? The first thing I did after building my machine was run that and it boosted my core speed up to 4.8Ghz which wasn't very stable. It crashed when running 3DMark's Firestrike. I had to go into my BIOS and reset to optimized defaults to get it back to stable @ 3.9Ghz.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The CPU_FAN needs to run at full voltage for the pump to operate properly. On most Asus boards that means disabling Q-Fan on the CPU.

Corsair Link is atrocious. Did you download HWINFO to check your CPU temperatures?

Also 99% of the questions on here for the Corsair H100/105 because both plugs aren't attached properly. One should be to CPU_FAN the other either CPU_AUX or any Chassis fan.

ROG Member Array

I will try disabling the Q-Fan on the CPU later today.

I was running Core Temp, and the temps looked okay, but I'm not familiar with what is considered "okay" temps for an OC'd CPU. Can you give me some advice on a normal temp ranges?

Also, on the H100i the two radiator fans connect right to the cooling block, and then there's just ONE cable that is supposed to go to the CPU_FAN header. There are no other cables to plug into any other CHA_FAN headers on the motherboard. Is that what you mean?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Try to always keep the CPU below 80C.

If you connect your fans to the CPU block, you will have to use Corsair Link to control them. If you connect them to the motherboard header directly, you can control them via BIOS or the Fan Xpert III. It's up to you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

That's correct then if you plugged the fans into the block, then a single connection to the CPU_FAN.

That does require Corsair Link. Alternatively you can plug the fan splitters into the motherboard aa Chino suggests.

My processor generally stays under 50c at 4.3 GHZ with a H100I GTX.

Back to your original question make sure Q-Fan is off. It modulates voltage to heatsink. This will cause a pump to cavitate and you'll hear a bad noise coming from it.