Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    OK, so what did you have to do make it stable for those "true stability benchmarks like IBT, Prime, LINX, etc." ?
    Still working on that. My time is limited to a few hours in the evening after I get home from work, so it's a slow tedious "to be continued" process. Last night I tweaked down my dram, vtt, & vcssa voltage to make sure I'm not producing unnecessary heat. Tonight I'm going to work with vcore and see where that gets me.

Are you aware that those are not stressing the graphics together with the CPU and RAM too?
    I am aware of that, but if I'm passing RB, CB, Heaven, Valley, & Firestrike (all of which should put stress on both gpu and cpu, right?) but still failing IBT, Prime, & LINX, and my real-world symptom is that I'm crashing while gaming, the logical conclusion is that it's probably a weakness in my cpu oc that is causing the crash -- perhaps just a statistical thing (gaming for 3+ hours is a lot more calculations than 3 passes in RB). And again, my gpu is not overclocked at all, so unless one of my brand new 770's is a lemon (I suppose this is possible, but I haven't tested for that yet....maybe I'll do that tonight) all signs point to the cpu oc.

I'm not trying to knock RealBench - I am a fan. I just wanted to mention my real world experience with it to play "devil's advocate" during its development. It's a good tool, but if it's passing with flying colors while I'm crashing while gaming it may have room for improvement.
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

As far as I know, games are stressing both CPU+RAM and graphics for long time... the best test for your OC would be those games (it is really hard find any comparable stressing) - but, if you want heat and you don't mind cooking your hardware, do Prime95 with Furmark...

As far as I know, games are stressing both CPU+RAM and graphics for long time... the best test for your OC would be those games (it is really hard find any comparable stressing) - but, if you want heat and you don't mind cooking your hardware, do Prime95 with Furmark...
    lol I'm not a fan of roasting my hardware -- trying to avoid that is what brought me to RealBench in the first place. But unless there's some other test that can help me avoid crashing in the midst of a boss fight it's pretty much the reality I have to work with.

Fwiw, I'll be satisfied when I can pass IBT x5 and Prime for 1 hour. I won't slow-roast it (unless it comes to that.... *sigh*)
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid

Just a quick update: after some trial & error, I eventually settled on 1.465v vcore (@4.75ghz) at which I'm stable enough to pass 30 minutes of Prime, and run Heaven on loop while Norton virus scanning for 2 hours (I thought this was a good way to test simultaneous stress to gpu+cpu without subjecting my hardware to Prime95/IBT/LINX torture). After all that, as of last night I was able to game for 4 hours without crashing and with temps well under control, all of which means my oc is finally rock solid [I really hope!].

The pertinent take-away, though, is that I was able to pass multiple passes through RealBench a full .04v lower than the ultimate vcore it took me to get "functional 24/7 gaming stable". In my mind, I think that means that if RealBench is to be considered a true test of oc stability, the multitasking portion should be more intense, or a segment that tests 3d rendering while doing cpu calculations should be added.

Just my 2 cents worth of constructive criticism about my experience.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Version 2 of RB will improve on it's stress test mode (which is currently weak) in a way that is better than the 2nd pass of the encoding test and on par if not better than Prime95/LinX while not reaching the temperatures they do. I plan on stressing every subsystem available. Patience, I'm working on it.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    Version 2 of RB will improve on it's stress test mode (which is currently weak) in a way that is better than the 2nd pass of the encoding test and on par if not better than Prime95/LinX while not reaching the temperatures they do. I plan on stressing every subsystem available. Patience, I'm working on it.
    Music to my ears.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Nice one mate, gaming is the best stress test there is for the entire system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2