cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBench and BF3

xmanrigger
Level 12
Can pass numerous runs of RB, but cant play BF3 without crash at same speeds, 4400/2133. ???

Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
Probably SLI related that xman....

Not sure if SLI related. Hit F5 in BIOS and run default settings, all is well. Set mild OC, pass RB all day long, crash in BF2. 4400@1.35v and 2133/9-11-9-27-1@1.65v

Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
That could be because of the graphics... the component(s) not stressed in this version of RB... - what is the exact nature of those crashes? Any BSOD code, Event viewer explanation?

Blue scrns to game freezing but able to alt-ctrl-del and reboot. 3800/1333 no crash.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil
16 REPLIES 16

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Is that straight multi OCing Xman...no bclk OCing (because as yopu know touch BCLK and you screw with RAM and PCIe frequency)?

Have you run SLI without a bridge...to eliminate bad bridge......tried a 314.xx series driver instead of the 320.xx ones which seem to give a lot of people headaches (though I must say I have not had a problem on any of them) there is a new beta out 326.41.

And finally we come to your CPU ...the IMC and PCIe handling are on the same bit of the CPU if I remember right....maybe, given your RAM OC experience and now PCIe not being able to take the strain....you should be first in line for IB-E 😉

OC your bike for a month mate and then come back with a CPU instead of a lemon in the socket 😄

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Is that straight multi OCing Xman...no bclk OCing (because as yopu know touch BCLK and you screw with RAM and PCIe frequency)?

Have you run SLI without a bridge...to eliminate bad bridge......tried a 314.xx series driver instead of the 320.xx ones which seem to give a lot of people headaches (though I must say I have not had a problem on any of them) there is a new beta out 326.41.

And finally we come to your CPU ...the IMC and PCIe handling are on the same bit of the CPU if I remember right....maybe, given your RAM OC experience and now PCIe not being able to take the strain....you should be first in line for IB-E 😉

OC your bike for a month mate and then come back with a CPU instead of a lemon in the socket 😄

Yes Arne, bclk at 100, untouched, and multi at 44. How can I run SLI without bridge? My memory is at a very mild speed, half-assed loose timings, and sufficient voltage. I had the memory at much higher speeds with same or less voltage running and passing RB. No OC on video cards whatsoever.

Next round of BF3, I will try 125 strap at 2133. Never really could get my mem anywhere at 100, 2240mhz tops. 2395mhz and passing RB using 125 strap. All my good RB scores were at 125 strap and then up.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

HiVizMan
Level 40
Actually you can run your SLI without a bridge, the performance will not be as good but it will be in SLi.

The fact that RB is passed but a graphic intensive game is not certainly points to the issue being a video one, however memory (system that is) is key to how your VGA performs with your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Actually you can run your SLI without a bridge, the performance will not be as good but it will be in SLi.

The fact that RB is passed but a graphic intensive game is not certainly points to the issue being a video one, however memory (system that is) is key to how your VGA performs with your system.

I think you are correct with the sys memory theory. I am 99.9% sure my GTX680s are solid. Could it be not enough voltage to dramm for 2133/9-11-9-27-1 at 1.65v? I would think if 2400mhz is spec'd to run at 1.65v, 2133mhz with half-assed timings should be a breeze.

And also as I stated in 1st post, 680s are at stock speed. No overclock on mem or GPU. I was under the assumption that gaming benefits more so with higher sys mem speed than tighter latencies.

BF3 runs butter smooth with everything at stock and graphics at Ultra on this system. I was trying to see if it would run with RB stable overclocks. Strange. From what I seen messing with RB to the extent I have, any clocks that pass multiple runs of RB should shred any game. Apparently not.

Regardless, I still hold RB as one of my tools to establish system stability.

As far as posting a higher score than the 842, I hoping to post an 850 soon. That I believe, will be the limit,n my 3930K's IMC.

xmanrigger wrote:

And also as I stated in 1st post, 680s are at stock speed. No overclock on mem or GPU. I was under the assumption that gaming benefits more so with higher sys mem speed than tighter latencies.

This is not true. Both matter and depending on the game engine, its settings and the amount of VRAM available on the video card you may see situations that benefit the latencies more. But in general there is a balance. High latencies can cause frame stuttering or driver timeouts.

I'll also second Arne's suggestion and test with Metro which is one very heavy beast as the issue may be game (or game+driver) specific that manifests easier on certain settings.
On a last sidenote you may also have residual effects after messing with BCLK, specially if you were playing with skew settings in order to stabilize an edgy BCLK setting (debug code 01 even after reverting to stock BCLK is such an example). In that case you should drain the board from all power.

EDIT: Also if a minidump gets created could you post it here so I can take a look in the debugger?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Zka17
Level 16
As HiVizMan said, the the graphics setting rely a lot on the system memory settings when it's about the overall system stability...

How about trying XMP settings from BIOS, leave the CPU at stocks for now, then test how your graphics is behaving... if it's fine, then start pushing the CPU multi - but still let your voltages on auto...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Plus the number of SLI threads with BF3 crashing is legion and may well be driver related....does this happen with any other games stuff like Metro for example which is a stern test.....benchmarks like Unigine Valley...etc.

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Similar problem here. I can pass RealBench, Cinebench, Heaven, & Valley all day long, but this weekend (when I *finally* had time to sit down and do some actual gaming on my new system) I experienced 2 crashes in the midst of gaming (my gpu's are at stock speed, and my RAM is solid as a rock 8+ hours of memtest86+). Turns out my oc wasn't quite as stable as I thought it was, back to the drawing board.

Anyway, while I do think RealBench is a valuable tool for verifying initial stability, and is certainly a lot of fun to play with, I'm not so sure I think it holds up against tried-and-true stability benchmarks like IBT, Prime, LINX, etc. It has its place, but I don't think it's the all-in-one stability testing tool some have made it out to be....yet.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

chrisnyc75 wrote:
Turns out my oc wasn't quite as stable as I thought it was

OK, so what did you have to do make it stable for those "true stability benchmarks like IBT, Prime, LINX, etc." ?

Are you aware that those are not stressing the graphics together with the CPU and RAM too?