ARES

Retired
Not applicable
The case it comes in...

DUN DUN DUN! ARES!!
19 REPLIES 19

Retired
Not applicable
Nice, notice that one doesn't have a broken fan blade. i want the case badge at the top left.

Retired
Not applicable
Hello

my first post int he forum is on this monster, im just about to order one these excellent cards, i was wondering what size PSU is best for it at minimum.

current is cosiar 850w and my setup is
AMD955X2 phenom
8gb gskill ram
5xsata hdd
1x dvd burner driver
only 3 things plugged in on USB.
currently running 2x5770
and H50 water cpu cooler

any info would be great and how much do i need if i want 2 of them.

CHeers

Danny

Retired
Not applicable
you can find it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Radeon-Graphics-ARES-2DIS-4GD5/dp/B003VP0BAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290123651...

for a single card it is recommended for a 850 watt, for dual we recommend 1000 watt. keep in mind the psu needs to support 2 8pin and 1 6pin per card!

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the info Brian 🙂 your a star and keep up the good work with the video's, and i wish i had a job as cool as yours

i live in Switzerland so ive ordered it this morning per your info and i will be a really lucky owner of one of these.

did you run any 3D MARKS score in crossfire while in eyefinity by any chance ? would be interested to know the results as im running 3x24inch samsungs syncmasters at the moment on a pair of 5770 cards and its not so good, plays alien v predators ok and mafia 2 F1 2010 but all on low settings 😞

Retired
Not applicable
thanks swiss. Does amazon ship international? did you buy 1 card or 2?

we can try to make a video to show some results. i haven't personally tried eyefinity yet for benching because need an active display port, i only have passive. i have tried a single ares in eye finity and runs dirt2 just fine during quakecon.

Retired
Not applicable
hello Brian

i have 3 monitors and not one has a display port on them and i have eyefinity running sweet as, and i will be getting the R.O.G extreme mobo and i will this month get 1 and next get another gfx card

Retired
Not applicable
yeah baby my store has got them back in stock and reduced the price for xmas 😄

im off to collect it tomorrow on my day off 😛

GAME TIME !!!!!!!!!

ottoyu34
Level 9
Great news, post up some pics.

Retired
Not applicable
Will do no sweat, i got a new phone aswell to try out the overclocking from a phone.

my girlfriend is just the best i knew it was why i was going to marry her this year 😄