cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bump on top of G75VX?

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hey guys, I got one of the G75VX models with the Gtx 670mx graphics cards and it has a bump on the back of the screen (when its closed on the top) if you understand? the rubber side of the screen. anyway i was wondreing if they all have this or should I exchange it?
7 REPLIES 7

Tsuki
Level 7
There is a little raised bit on either side coming from the back to the front, but its for aesthetic value. Other than that, no bumps. If you posted an image it would be better for us to understand.
My laptop makes your desktop self-conscious~ Now with more Hello Kitty!:o

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
I'll try to post a picture in a sec, its very hard to see though

Hard to take a picture, but there's a pretty good view I think

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7

Tsuki
Level 7
that isn't normal. I could understand if this is older and in high heat environment. I would expect this only in laptop that is some years old from heating up and cooling down releasing the glue. You indicated this is new, so probably bad fabrication. It is aesthetically unpleasing. Most people buy this laptop because of the high aesthetic value, if it doesn't please you I would try to exchange it. It wouldn't bother other people probably so this is a preference choice.

If it was me I'd be very annoyed and try to exchange it. If it was my husband I know he wouldn't give a crap and keep it.

Up to you!
My laptop makes your desktop self-conscious~ Now with more Hello Kitty!:o

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Okay thank you for answering 🙂

I would advise contacting ASUS about it. That looks like a defect. My G53 (2 years old) doesn't have that, but I do know that ASUS does make planar geometry on their G-series, but not a little point/line. It would be really obvious if they did. @Tsuki, if it isn't structural, I would tend to agree with your husband and ignore it. Maybe take a picture to prove its existence if it becomes a problem down the road.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23