cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G46VW Questions

Avinrog
Level 7
Alright, so I got the G46VW about a week ago and still have a week to return it just incase something is wrong. My sound sometimes doesn't work and will require a reboot, is there a reason for this? Also the harddrive is pretty loud, like it's not noticable if someones talking to me, but in a quite room its def. noticeable. Also when gaming I keep the charger plugged in, is this good or bad for the notebook because I read that when connected to an outlet, the notebook draws power from the outlet rather than the battery. Sorry for all these questions guys, I love this laptop but it's my first gaming notebook so I want to know if I'm doing it right.
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
please install new audio driver, please open back cover to check HDD is correct install in hdd bar and screw lock. also if you scare, you can send to service center or refound at 1 week.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Pitcher@asus wrote:
please install new audio driver, please open back cover to check HDD is correct install in hdd bar and screw lock. also if you scare, you can send to service center or refound at 1 week.

Thanks for bringing that up mrmidnight273.

I'm guessing Pitcher may be thinking of the G75 or other model with easier access to the hard drive, but the G46VW only has a memory cover underneath, so there is no easy way to get to the hard drive without major disassembly.

Also, if the hard drive is already screwed in well to the housing and unit, it's not going to make any difference for the noise, so really not worth the risk or trouble of trying to check this.

mrmidnight273
Level 7
Pitcher, when you say remove the back cover, you are speaking about the entire bottom correct?
G46VW - Nexus 7 - Crosshair V Formula-Z - FX-6300 (No point in posting OC, Changes all the time 😛 )

ASUS REPUBLIC OF GAMERS FOLDING@HOME TEAM USER: DEMPSEY_VICK

SymBiioTE
Level 7
I also would like to know the question considering the battery.
Asus G46VW
Intel Core i5-3210M
8GB-DDR3
1080p IPS Panel (Upgraded)
GTX 660M + Windows 10 Pro

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
SymBiioTE wrote:
I also would like to know the question considering the battery.

If you are worried about the battery overcharging and don't mind checking another thread G46 not fully charging battery , check my post (cl-albert) there for information about how the battery will stop charging once it reaches 100%, so there shouldn't be any problems to leave the notebook plugged in all the time.

As far as gaming performance goes, you should notice it runs better on AC power versus battery power, so another reason to keep it plugged in when you can.