cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX do not boots, screen flickers then black screen

Quazma
Level 8
Hello guys,
I bought a asus g750jx cv038h less then a week ago, I just finished working on it (installed an ssd, cloned the various original partions on the ssd, cleared the wd scorpio that comes with it for pretty much steam only.

I installed the lastest nvidia beta drivers, and work flawlessly with 3d mark and bf3, then today I started it for the second time on battery, just after the asus rog logo i got the screen flashing strage things (like old tv static) and then the screen as goneblack, like OFF with no power at all.

The first time i got it back as soon I plugged to the power outlet. The second and third time was the same but noticed a long delay between plugging it back on power and have the windows 8 logon screen displayed.

After that I got scared badly cuz booting it up with or without power outlet results in the same problem, but I cannot get the screen back on doing anything.

All of this was with secure boot ON and fast boot on like defaults, I've tried changing the parameters with no joy.

I managed to get it back by pulling out the battery and pressing the power switch (so called soft init). I searched this forums for problems like this and got very worried reading nothing of sorts.

(I may suck and searching, but I'm an IT tech so i know my stuff, so to me this seams like bad notebook motherboard, or at least some problems related to battery power with the current 207 bios)

Ideas anyone?
21 REPLIES 21

Quazma
Level 8
Yeah ... I know my stuff but I'm a moron sometimes ... It appears to be nvidia driver related, so the fact the with determined circumstances the problem do not present it self It's a mystery to me.

I need someone to replicate the problem, if you got a model like mine and install the last nvidia beta drivers (326.41) (all ways do a clean installation) after install just shutdown and power on the notebook in a classical manner for 5 times, if It's driver related you will encounter my problem.

It appears that if you power up one time, then shutdown unplug and leave the pc alone for sometime before plunging it and powering it back up with the 326.41 you probably will not encounter the problem. (Power cycling it normally it's probably the reason why i don't experience the problem the first 3 days that I was under nvidia beta drivers.)

mah!

99GreenySC2
Level 7
my JW does the same thing, they say RMA it, and i will in November when i get back, but for now i have to deal with it.. i mean once you get it on... turn off sleep it'll stay on...

cadesa
Level 7
I have the same problem with my Jw too, and I sent yesterday to RMA, because I tried updating the nvidia driver to 1193, restore from manufacture, updating the BIOS, and any of those things working, you can try leave the screen sleep and after that try recover it, sometimes will work and other simply you will see your notebook restart :'(
Model: G750JW-RB71-CB
Ram: 16 GB
HDD: 2 TB HD
GPU: GTX 765m

HermanR
Level 7
Same problem with my G750-JX, not sure when it began, but it repeats with latest Nvidia drivers on Windows 8.1.

soulmirror
Level 7
I had the same problem with windows 8.1 and latest nvidia driver 331.65. Windows was stuck on boot for about 5 minutes before finally logging in. I checked the system log and found out that problem was the nvlddmkm file of nvidia drivers.
I tried to install previous version of the driver and finally i got one that worked.
Just install nvidia drivers 326.83 and the problem is solved:

nVIDIA GeForce Driver v9.18.13.2683

Now my system boot in about 10 seconds and everything is back to normal.
I'll update the driver to a new version when nvidia solves the problem.
Give it a try!

I have found some threads about same problem, but didn't apply fix what is offered there, I would like to await official resolution of the problem.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/596642/please-help-event-id-14-from-source-nvlddmkm-cannot-...

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6210-nvidia-nvlddmkm-sys-error-message

bloowhalez
Level 9
windows 8.1 and latest nvids with no problems here on my ssd.

Hey, with the lastest nvidia driver the problem persist for me (R331 - 331.65 ) the error still the same.

Some of you guys that posted here saying that were doing an RMA may post back to report if infact is an hardware problem, and rma_ing it have resolved the issue or not?

I've like other 3 actual rigs mounting nvidia gpus, one it on 8.1 like this one and no problem what's so ever, so I'm very inclined that can be faulty hw of some sort.

Quazma wrote:
Hey, with the lastest nvidia driver the problem persist for me (R331 - 331.65 ) the error still the same.

Some of you guys that posted here saying that were doing an RMA may post back to report if infact is an hardware problem, and rma_ing it have resolved the issue or not?

I've like other 3 actual rigs mounting nvidia gpus, one it on 8.1 like this one and no problem what's so ever, so I'm very inclined that can be faulty hw of some sort.

Have you tried install nvidia drivers 326.83 for win 8.1 like i told you some post above?

nVIDIA GeForce Driver v9.18.13.2683

I had the same problem and those drivers solved it.