Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IB-E True 6 core

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
167 REPLIES 167

FireRx
Level 11
Patiently waiting for mine :cool: so far looking at the pre order sites I got it at a good price point.
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

IB-E does look interesting based on this info. I've been running my current set up since November 2011 and I'm itching for something new to play with. I hope IB-E clocks as well as I've heard.

mdzcpa wrote:
itching for something new to play with. I hope IB-E clocks as well as I've heard.

Exactly this 🙂

WhitePaw wrote:
Sure would like a X, leaning towards that

So am I but the link you posted up for Haswell E has me wondering.

I am having real difficulty deciding X or K for IB-E. or, if I'm going to get a 3970X...depends on IB-E clocks...

Haswell to me looks like the first time a later generation is better clock for clock...low down...but is missing the top end, unless you're on LN2! So for your average OCer on Water the max you can get out of Haswell on average is worse performance than you can get out of IB!!

Anyone asks me for Hero+4770K or Maximus V and 3770K I'm going to tell them to go 3770K!

But Intel look like they are being clever...offsetting that same drop in accessible performance in Haswell E by moving it to DDR4 (though this per se might not mean performance increase by much http://www.extremetech.com/computing/158824-haswell-e-to-offer-ddr4-support-up-to-eight-cores-in-201... ) and up to 8 cores from 6...but will it really OC unless you have LN2 (I can hear Bones saying "It's OCing Jim but not as we know it")

where as normally I'd get a K with the next greatest thing only a year away.... if IB-E really is one of the last non LN2 OCable CPUs I'll get an X....

Certainly don't anticipate same percentage level of OCing for Haswell E as out of SB or SB-E

Retired
Not applicable
yeah, its the BFG powder right there

And to quote a wise man> the last of the giants?

X or K, the question remains

Sure would like a X, leaning towards that

Keeping my sb-e, cant sell it, IHS is modified.. would lose too much cash.. And its a great chip, why sell it

Arniver, lets get the X / Back on beans..

Retired
Not applicable

alyraver
Level 10
Apparently ivy bridge scales better than sandy when under extreme cooling. Im in same boat as Mdzcpa looking forward to getting a new chip to clock 🙂
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will be much hotter.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Will be much hotter.

I have a lovely -53c single stage waiting for it, LOL :cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL yeah that should be fine I guess.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.