cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What memory do the current GTX780 DirectCU II OC cards use?

Nomanor
Level 7
There is a lot of talk that manufacturers ran out of the good Samsung vram chips so they are using poor Elpida memory now which runs hotter and doesn't overclock.

EVGA Classified and Galaxy HOF are confirmed to have this Elpida memory.

Any idea if ASUS GTX780 DirectCU II OC went that way too, or do the cards still have Samsung memory chips?
28 REPLIES 28

HiVizMan
Level 40
No idea mate and unless someone has recently bought a VGA that they would be willing to remove the air cooler I am not sure who or how we would find out for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nomanor
Level 7
I was hoping an ASUS rep would shed some light.

I just feel kind of uneasy dumping $1400 on SLI setup if they don't have absolutely the best components.

I was planing to buy 2 evga Classified but they definitely have Elpida memory now, so I passed.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No ASUS VGA reps here mate, I wish there were.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15
Can't speak for all the GTX 780 DirectCU II. But the one TechPowerUp reviewed was using Samsung chips. K4G20325FD-FC03 to be exact. The same ones used in the GTX 690s.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah but that was the first batch Chino, would like to know what the newer cards have in them, and how those memories clock.

differential
Level 7
hey guys im gona be pullen a few things out and adding some more when my package arrives, i can get a snap for you if you like 😄

differential wrote:
hey guys im gona be pullen a few things out and adding some more when my package arrives, i can get a snap for you if you like 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers diff much appreciated mate.

Zka17
Level 16
Can not remember where I saw a review of the Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC, but they shoved a pic without the cooler - and it was Samsung memory on it... but don't ask about the number...