cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA on Official drivers?

Killa
Level 7
Still wondering if we could get an update or an ETA? maybe a list on what the drivers will fix/do?
23 REPLIES 23

KILLER_K
Level 10
No one has a eta on the driver release. This horse has been beaten to death in here about drivers. All of us is still waiting and will be waiting for a good while it seems. Not honestly sure what is going on with this sound card. But it is still sad to spend this much money and get no real drivers or answers. This sound card should be pulled from the market until Asus can sort out the issues with drivers and the sound card all together with it.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus Pheobus ROG Xonar 2012 - 2013

xfiniti64
Level 7
I have this card about 2 weeks. NOT a single trouble. ALL WORK PERFECT ! using
Version 8.0.1.29
Description Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 8
1.Add DTS Ultra PC II.
2.Add new gaming profile.

but me card is different it using c-media mic controler , not realtek.
What i want is SONIC RADAR what is promised in ces 2013.

It is hard for it to be perfect when it is not WHQL, let lone the latency issues and not being about to play protected audio. But then again most don't even use the sound card beyond a game in here. And if that works then they are tickled to death. So when you say "not a single problem", you should actually define what you mean and how you use the card. Because it is far from being perfect. I also guess you enjoy submitting bug reports also and only 2 drivers, those being beta form in a year. Your "PERFECT" remark is a little in the gray area by what you mean.

If you like realtek better, then why are you using a Pheobus now then? Because realtek works like it suppose to in Windows 8 OS. And they actually update their drivers also.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus Pheobus ROG Xonar 2012 - 2013

xfiniti64 wrote:
I have this card about 2 weeks. NOT a single trouble. ALL WORK PERFECT ! using
Version 8.0.1.29
Description Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 8
1.Add DTS Ultra PC II.
2.Add new gaming profile.

but me card is different it using c-media mic controler , not realtek.
What i want is SONIC RADAR what is promised in ces 2013.

I piss on WHQL oky? PISS !!!!!!! I have radeon 7970 x2 ! oky? Then i play games like aion, tera in not full screen, i GOT ARTIFACTS on all screen ! I had driver problems every day ! I need do every time alt + tab, cos in that games starts blinking textures and so on, then i back on form it its normal, i dont talk about frame rate lag. Is that WHQL ? Yes it is.

What talk about realtek? mention that in this card lower revision is realtek chip insted of c-media. So can by many problems by hardwire not software.
I do play games, i do play music from fubar 2000 full 192Khz and 24bit, i play blu ray 3d movies in full dolby true hd and dts master audio, i do flash in web like youtube, with headphones and 7.1 analog. Did not tested optical. No single problem.
AND i change me creative Zx for ZXR , and now this , and its from ALL WAYS BETTER then creative ! And in new drivers adds .Add DTS Ultra PC II, show me one ****ing sound card witch in future adds MORE ****ING FUTURES ! And its not small one, its full licenced enchantment from DTS. 24987

xfiniti64 wrote:
I piss on WHQL oky? PISS !!!!!!! I have radeon 7970 x2 ! oky? Then i play games like aion, tera in not full screen, i GOT ARTIFACTS on all screen ! I had driver problems every day ! I need do every time alt + tab, cos in that games starts blinking textures and so on, then i back on form it its normal, i dont talk about frame rate lag. Is that WHQL ? Yes it is.

what is the brand of your 7970 btw ?? how do you know artifact issue is driver related ? or it probably could be a hardware related or an overheating issue .. may be you need to RMA your graphics card if it is still under warranty ..

btw if you try to compare 2 products you need to specify how x product is better than y .. you just cant randomly say Phoebus is better than ZXR.. and I don't find DTS Ultra PC2 or Xear surround is any useful .. because it adds lots of reverb so it is pointless in movies/music or games ..

First of all you have no idea what WHQL means. Not even sure why you are adding video cards into the thread for, when in fact we are talking about sound cards.

Secondly the realtek has better support and the sound is a bit more natural then the Pheobus is. Again, Netflix and protected audio actually works in windows 8 with this. where as the Pheobus it doesn't work. So this means there was no actual windows 8 support to begin with. even though Asus tagged the box with windows 8 drivers on it.

Third is you remembering me talking about the latency issue. ASIO latency is there, so look into it and see what you find.

Forth your so called praised DTS Ultra PC II. You do realize that was given to you by a false firmware update. That basically just changed some numbers on the sound card right? So the firmware actually didn't do anything. And no one to this days actually knows why here. But if you are happy they gave you something after you bought the card almost a year later. Then good for you.

Now not sure why you think you need to cuss. I do think you mean hardware and which when you was replying back. But perhaps you was too mad to think at the time. Nothing is future proof in the pc world. And cussing will not make it more future proof either. Hopefully you will calm down on your next reply though. It isn't good for you to get that upset when posting. Stress is a bad thing to have in this day and time.

xfiniti64 wrote:
I piss on WHQL oky? PISS !!!!!!! i dont talk about frame rate lag. Is that WHQL ? Yes it is.

What talk about realtek? mention that in this card lower revision is realtek chip insted of c-media. So can by many problems by hardwire not software.
, and its from ALL WAYS BETTER then creative ! And in new drivers adds .Add DTS Ultra PC II, show me one ****ing sound card witch in future adds MORE ****ING FUTURES ! And its not small one, its full licenced enchantment from DTS. 24987

xfiniti64
Level 7
Netflix and protected audio. Yes i did not use that.
What about me 7970 matrix plat. Its radeon drivers i read many forums and what not. All god in over games full screen mode. Work same wth non full screen but in win 7.
That enhancement's for me in games is good ! Same in moves, on music ofc not, some times in mp3 again its good ! In 5.1 or 7.1 play stereo again good. If you file audio man buy non ROG xonar ! Its gaming ! Way i have pc? Cos i am power user, i need bilions options, did not matter if i use or not, i just need them, more options..... If no options buy console.

xfiniti64 wrote:
If you file audio man buy non ROG xonar ! Its gaming ! Way i have pc? Cos i am power user, i need bilions options, did not matter if i use or not, i just need them, more options..... If no options buy console.

yehh righ.. so you need billions of options whether you use it or not ?? so you need them for ? ...yehh lol as KILLER_K suggested, you might need to calm down ...

xfiniti64
Level 7
So you need them for ? I am using all, just for use, and feed me ego. 🙂 over wise console, no options at all. Best for Netflix and protected audio. And there is mac.