cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Issue with G75VX and 670MX

StrifeWolfe
Level 7
So I know this was probably covered somewhere in these forums but I haven't found a solution to my problem yet. I just recently purchased a G75VX and it has been nothing but problems. I am currently running the windows default drivers that are installed
when you uninstall and reinstall the 670MX. I had to do this because whenever I updated the drivers to the most recent on the
Nvidia website or even the ones on the Asus product page, the laptop won't start normally. The Nvidia driver crashes non stop
until I get a bluescreen. No other solution works, besides uninstalling and reinstalling. I am currently running Windows 7
because, having never used nor trusted 8, I believed that was the source of the problem. Newegg issued me an RMA slip that I'm going to decide if I want to use this weekend. I believe that a replacement won't help. So if anyone can help me solve this
problem before the weekend I'd be forever greatful.
16 REPLIES 16

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Okay, when you install the nVidia drivers do you check the box "perform a clean install" in custom install options?

This option will uninstall all the old drivers and software first, then install the new drivers fresh!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Pitcher1
Level 9
ASUS have not provide Win 7 driver for G75VX, if you send RMA, i think it will reinstall back to Win 8.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
The GTX-670MX will support Windows 7 nvidia drivers >>>Nvidia Driver Download
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

StrifeWolfe
Level 7
Yes, I did do a clean install whenever I updated or downgraded the drivers. I eventually resolved the problem by contacting Newegg and getting
an RMA slip. It's on it's way back to them and I should receive a new one in a week or two. I know the one they are going to send me will have Windows 8, but this time I won't bother trying to change it back to Windows 7. I just want to be able to run my AutoCAD software for school and some games like minecraft to pass the time. If the new one has the same problem then I will contact support again and expect a refund rather than another replacement. It failed to run any games not matter what I did, and the only way I could "watch" youtube videos is when I disabled the video card completely and used the intel graphics and even then the video would lag to the point where I would only hear the video. So it's only a matter of time till I get the replacement. And if it has the same problem, I'll probably flip a table or two. Cheers to a long wait.

Well I got an email from Newegg today. They will not replace the laptop because it has Windows 7 which is not the original operating system so they will not work on it at all. They told me to contact the manufacturer, Asus, which I have done already. So I believe I'm now stuck with an overweight brick of a laptop. It will be another 5-10 days before I get it back. I don't know what else I can do to solve this problem and the idea of throwing it from my 5th floor dorm room window keeps playing over and over in my head. So I hope one of you has an idea of what to do or I'm going to be having a "lovely" chat with Asus, again.

I think your best bet is to clean install window 8 your self or send it to Asus Repair and let them reinstall it to factory condition and work from there. This time use backtracker to make a restore USB Chip before you attempt the downgrade to windows 7. Or just live with windows 8, were only a month or so away from Win 8.1 which hopefully will bring Win 8 back up to win 7 standards?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

StrifeWolfe
Level 7
Ya, I have access to Windows 8 through my college, so as soon as I get it back from Newegg I'll restore it to factory and fix from there.

atra_stella
Level 7
asus does not recomment you downgrade your OS, i think for that very reason. it would be better if you go with 8.
CPU - intel 5930k
MoBo - rampage extreme v x99 u3 1901 bios
RAM - corsair lpx vengeance 3000mhz cl15
GPUs - asus 20th anniversary gold gtx 980ti SLI
SSDs - samsung 950 pro and 850 pro
PSU - corsair axi1200
Cooling - corsair hgtx100i, 3k RPM Noctua fans
Case - coolermaster case master pro 5
Monitor - rog pg279q
Audio - bose companion 20s
Audio - JBL synchros s700
KB - ducky yoth
Mice - razer diamonback 2015 chroma
Keypad - orbweaver chroma

TLAVY
Level 7
I really don't get all the people for some reason downgrading their PC to windows 7 and having all kinds of trouble and pain from it. As usual a few people spread silly rumors or use poor reasoning and they talk others into thinking the same way LOL and doing dumb things like this for some reason. Some people just don't handle change very well. You can "trust" windows 8 it works just fine, unlike your now destroyed, out of warranty, brand new computer. Message here...don't believe the hype.

Hope it works out and you get it working again, I would pull that 7 out of there and forget about the past, try to recover windows 8 if possible at this time.