cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Devil motherboard

Fax2u
Level 7
Hey. A year ago I got a maximus IV extreme-z and it was causing a lot of problems.
Now I got an EVGA GTX 780 SC with ACX cooling .. It sometimes boots and sometimes doesn't.
I got a BSOD with 0x000000124 and a boot error that says that I changed my hardware and stuff.. (oxcooooooe)
moreover, my one of my bios is corrupt and i'm using the second one right now.
Sometimes my PC doesn't boot and It takes clearing Cmos and Doing some other stuff.. I changed my RAM,PSU and GPU..
Those are the only new parts I got.
sometimes my computer freezes at battlefield 3 and sometimes it crashes the game saying "DirectX function "getDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands..GPU:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780",Driver: 32049".
I googled that issue and found out that it's not only my problem. I did what this thread said to do..
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1969051&mpage=1&print=true

sometimes I get boot error AE "boot device legacy error" that's just when I do a normal reboot.
If someone can help me I would appreciate, Thank you.

FYI. RMA costs a lot and I can't really afford a new MOBO ATM.
24 REPLIES 24

kkn
Level 14
update to the 326 driver, i know its beta but ive hardly had enny dx crashes so far from it.
boot in to safe mode and remove left over drivers whit drive sweeper.
only crashes ive had so far is that it knocks out my TS, if it is the nvidia or ts i dont know.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
LOL the devil motherboard.....I mean not at the fact you've got problems.....:o

I would reinstall your OS ...lots of crashes can corrupt that. Also Memtest 86+ your ram at F5 BIOS defaults and at XMP just to make sure it is not causing problems....http://rog.asus.com/127362012/overclocking/memtest-user-guide-for-rog-motherboards/

I call it the devil motherboard because I have had problems since the day I bought it. windows corruption for no reason, ETC.... Mostly small boot problems..

kkn
Level 14
he have done all that arne.
he did run the 320.49 driver witch was buggy and the new 326 witch is out ( beta ) ive only had a few problems whit but not as mutch as the 320 one.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well those errors make me think of RAM related stuff....on a clean OS I would look at RAM directly...test it and maybe try a bit more VCCSA or Vdimm. Then look at CPU and board as the culprit.

try to flash latest BIOS on "bad" chip...not sure if bad broken or bad BIOS corrupted. BIOS flashback.

But yeah it can be driver/game related....bit of a headache 😞 lots of testing alternative components if possible...etc.

kkn
Level 14
he have instaled OS, RMA'd a card, tweaked++
been at it for over a month now ( if you did read the link he posted )

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No 😮 I don't go outside the forum LOL...in that case RMA of MB seems on the cards...

Fax2u
Level 7
Okay, Let me get you straight. I have not installed the beta nvidia driver. That wasn't my post at the EVGA forum and I tried mem test and it crashed my pc. no bsod. just crash and auto restart. Do I really have to re install my os? (win 7 64bit) and the ram should be fine cuase its 32GB corsair dominator platinum and I know that Corsair tests their dominator platinums before shipping them

kkn
Level 14
well if you want to, you can pull out all the ram, instal 1 chip and run memtest, if it runs good swap it out whit next one and so on until you have done all of them.

a ram kit can work flawlesly from the vendor, but in packing process things can happen and it have happend whit me too.
i bought a kit ( on my old crosshair formula 5 ) and got crashes and blue screens, so i went on here, got told to do memtest, so i did and got a shi11 loads of error on them.
RMA'd them and got new ones and they worked.

can you list your ENTIRE hardware setup?