Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAIDR Express install guide & FAQ

X-ROG
Level 15
39 REPLIES 39

jsarver
Level 11
So will the raidr in a 1x slot not work at all or will it just be slower then advertised? Id like one of these but I run sli on my Maximus v formula. If it runs slower any idea by how much?

X-ROG
Level 15
It'll work but it'll be slow.

Also it requires open-ended PCIe 1x slots as the physical card extends beyond the 1x size.

Check your manual about the slot layout/switching for the very top slot - that 4x should be perfect, but I'm not sure how the switching works on it exactly and if anything else turns off connected to the PCH though.

does PCIe x1 version 2.0 makes any difference?
i was planning to get this but for my M6F mobo but with SLI enabled and all the other ports are PCIe x1 2.0
even if it works i dont like to spend lots of money for it to work half power, no go

alepodj wrote:
does PCIe x1 version 2.0 makes any difference?
i was planning to get this but for my M6F mobo but with SLI enabled and all the other ports are PCIe x1 2.0
even if it works i dont like to spend lots of money for it to work half power, no go

With SLI enabled it will have to use a PCIe 1x slot, which will limit it to 1x speeds sorry. Unfortunately the M6F doesn't have a dedicated 4x slot.

hello
i have Asus rampage iv black dition with PCIe 2.0 x1 and i want to buy the raidr express but he Requires pcie 2.0 x2/
is that going to work or its not going to work
please tell me i want to order now

liorf wrote:
hello
i have Asus rampage iv black dition with PCIe 2.0 x1 and i want to buy the raidr express but he Requires pcie 2.0 x2/
is that going to work or its not going to work
please tell me i want to order now

Hello

If you only have a x1 slot available I would suggest not using the RAIDR. Assuming it works without issue the speed would be half of the advertised specs at best.

kkn
Level 14
top slot on the m5f is a tight squeese, i have the Xonar Phoebus there and there are not mutch space between the cards, they are almost touching.

jsarver
Level 11
the top is where it will be going..my mistake on thinking that was a 1 slot. i dont expect a lot of room and am ok with that. my gpus have backplates so im not concerned with something accidently touching.

X-ROG
Level 15
If it's screwed into a case by the PCI bracket they shouldn't touch.