cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpad quirks

plapsapaul
Level 7
Is this happening to anyone else? When I have the computer on my desk the touchpad is an awful jerky mess (I just rest my finger on the hing and the mouse cursor rockets all over the screen randomly clicking stuff), but when I rest it on my bed it's buttery smooth.
8 REPLIES 8

Pitcher1
Level 9
i really don;t now what is your problem? could you tell more detial? or post video or photo?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
plapsapaul wrote:
Is this happening to anyone else? When I have the computer on my desk the touchpad is an awful jerky mess (I just rest my finger on the hing and the mouse cursor rockets all over the screen randomly clicking stuff), but when I rest it on my bed it's buttery smooth.

It shouldn't make any difference for the touchpad whether you use it on the desk or bed (be sure to avoid blocking vents to avoid overheating though), but do you have USB or other devices plugged in when it is at the desk?

Myroslav
Level 7
plapsapaul wrote:

I have had this issue with Asus N76VZ. There might be grounding issue. Also if you put your other hand on the laptop, it will work fine. It was annoying.

Just try having your other hand touch the laptop while on the desk. If it stops jittering, you have same issue i had.
G750JW: i7-4700HQ, 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz, GTX765M 2GB GDDR5, OZC Vertex 4 256GB+Hitachi HTS727575A

Hey Myroslav, so if I notice what you mentioned before I will need to send it to warranty, am I right?
How bad...just 1 week with it and now I need to return it.

Update: I just put it on the ground and man it works perfect, so what I need is a good contact with the base of the g750.

Phoenix-Mx wrote:
Hey Myroslav, so if I notice what you mentioned before I will need to send it to warranty, am I right?
How bad...just 1 week with it and now I need to return it.

Update: I just put it on the ground and man it works perfect, so what I need is a good contact with the base of the g750.

To tell you the truth, i do not think sending it to Asus will fix anything. As the matter of fact it can come back with more problems 🙂

The only advice I can give, is to run a mouse or have both palms on the laptop at the same time. I tried different drivers, that did not fix it. That is why I assume it is a ground issue. Honestly, I run my Logitech's G700 on the table, on the bed, on the couch, on the carpet... wherever I go.

But for those who have this touchpad quirking issue and would prefer to use the touchpad, the solutions are:
1. To have both hands touch the laptop chassis;
2. Have a good ground at your table (it is good to have even for occasional static).
G750JW: i7-4700HQ, 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz, GTX765M 2GB GDDR5, OZC Vertex 4 256GB+Hitachi HTS727575A

patros
Level 7
Yeah, it looks like a charge issue that is causing your touchpad to fritz out like it is.

Check the material used on the desk in terms of construction, check for electrical leakages in the vicinity of the laptop etc., and see if that improves things.

Best of luck mate!
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄

DeltaActual
Level 12
mine is uncontrollable too...... no matter what i do..
G614JV

British
Level 7
I found this thread because I was experiencing the exact same problems as the OP. I could literally just put my finger on the touchpad, not move it at all, and watch the cursor jump all over the place and click random things.

Myroslav's suggestion worked for me. As long as I am touching the actual chassis of my laptop with my wrist and/or other hand, the touchpad seems to behave correctly. An odd quirk to be sure - my Alienware didn't seem to have this issue - but I guess I can live with it.

I had the laptop sitting on one of those Logitech lap desks. Taking it off of that and setting it directly in my lap also seems to solve the issue. That would seem to lend some credence to it being some sort of grounding/static issue.