cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula sound issues

DirectHit
Level 7
When I got my new PC, I formatted the SSD and did a full install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I installed all of the software/drivers from the ASUS DVD supplied with the motherboard and video card.

I have then applied all of the available Microsoft Windows updates.

When Playing BF3, I noticed that when the round ended, the sound would cut out on the scoreboard screen for about 10 seconds. I was connected to a Teamspeak server, and the other users could hear me, I just couldnt hear them or the game music.

I reinstalled the audio driver using the files from the ASUS website, just in case the files were newer than those on the DVD. No change in the disconnected sound.

I read that the NVIDIA Experience streaming application can cause issues, so I stopped and disabled the service. No change in the disconnected sound.

I was watching a video online about the earthquakes in NZ, and the issue occurred during the video. I then reset the BIOS to defaults, just incase it was a setting I had changed. No change in the disconnected sound.

I am able to easily replicate my issues just by playing BF3, and when the round ends, waiting for the sound issue to occur on the BF3 scoreboard screen.

While I was in the middle of a game, I received an error from Windows; "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has stopped working". A reboot was required to make the sound work again. At this point, I installed the NVIDIA latest BETA driver (fresh install and removal of old version before installing the new one), as I wanted to rule out the video card causing the issue. I also disabled the NVIDIA sound devices in Device Manager. No change.

Becuase of the Windows error, which also had an event in the event log;
Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bced5.
Faulting module name: RTKSMlfx.dll, version: 6.2.9200.20550, time stamp: 0x51a73f09
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\RTKSMlfx.dll
Report Id: 372d5483-0712-11e3-af23-240a643918d9

I then proceeded to run a "sfc /scannow" as suggested in a Microsoft KB article. This returned no errors or corrupt files.

While playing BF3, the sound issue occurred in the middle of a game.

If an ASUS tech/engineer happens to see this, I have a case that you can update with my details: WTM20130816181244997. I really hope this issue can be fixed with software/firmware/bios update rather than a motherboard replacement. It's like having a car accident; I have insurance, but I just dont want to have to go without my car while it gets fixed.

Let me know if you need anymore details.

Cheers
Patrick
ASUS Maximus VI Formula | Haswell i5 4670K | 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
ASUS GTX770 DCII | ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hz | OCZ Vertex 4 | Corsair 900D
Logitech G15 | Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair 1300 | EKWB Loop
40 REPLIES 40

jackda
Level 7
I had a similar issue and enabling "high performance" in control panel/power options sorted it

I made the change to High Performance, and while the sound now stayed active, i had 10 seconds of buzzing on the left speaker instead. So there is still an issue occurring.

Be aware that running 'high performance' proflie will cause your CPU to always run at it's max turbo speed and according voltage. You might not want your CPU to run at those speeds/voltages 24/7 if you have a high OC.

Can't help you with the sound problems I'm afraid...

jackda
Level 7
mine never did that so cant help you there.moving my graphics card to the 8x slot also stopped the drop out

DirectHit
Level 7
Response from ASUS

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.

For your issue, please clear CMOS for a try.
Also, please check if your speaker works normally. If possible, please change another one for test.
If still, please contact with your retailer for further check. If it is due to motherboard faulty, your retailer would send your motherboard to us for RMA (Return Material Authorization) service.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Thanks!
Wish you a nice day!

Best regards,
Cherry
Customer Service Center
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

PainMaker
Level 7
Is a driver issue.
I have the same problem in bf3 when the round end (scoreboard)

My Mother: MAXIMUS VI GENE

The lastest driver have this problem: Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6971 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) 2013.08.12

Use this driver and works OK: Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6923 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) 2013.07.15

PainMaker wrote:
Is a driver issue.
I have the same problem in bf3 when the round end (scoreboard)

My Mother: MAXIMUS VI GENE

The lastest driver have this problem: Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6971 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) 2013.08.12

Use this driver and works OK: Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6923 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) 2013.07.15

I havent been able to test it yet as my board is with ASUS on RMA for the sound issue. I wish I had found out it was a driver issue before sending it away. BAH!

JHHC2005
Level 7
DirectHit and PainMaker, my ASUS contact gave me a newer build that seem to have fixed some conflict with other applications, perhaps you can also give that a try: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B926mvzob6fcMG54b2xlUl9pWkE/edit?usp=sharing

JHHC2005 wrote:
DirectHit and PainMaker, my ASUS contact gave me a newer build that seem to have fixed some conflict with other applications, perhaps you can also give that a try: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B926mvzob6fcMG54b2xlUl9pWkE/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone confirm this works?

I too have problems with audio cutting out in BF3 at round end.. really annoying