cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Boots, No Display, Asus Q Code 55 "Memory not installed"

Dood76
Level 7
My computer just recently did not turn on (after I reseated my gpus and ram sticks). I get an error code 55, indicating I have no memory installed. Also, I am pretty sure nothing is wrong with my cpu as my computer has worked fine before and i never reseated my cpu, but i may be wrong. PLEASE HELP!

Motherboard-Asus ROG Maximus V Gene

Graphics Card (GPU)-1x EVGA GTX 660 ti and 1x Asus GTX 660 ti (both in sli)

CPU-Intel Core i7 3770k @3.5ghz

Memory (RAM)-Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz

Power Supply (PSU)-Corsair TX750m

Chassis/Case-Corsair Carabide 400r

SSD: Vivotech SSD 240gb

Mechanical Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
and 1tb Western Digital Caviar Black

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i

EDIT: The Dram light is on
6 REPLIES 6

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried clearing CMOS?

Sometimes this comes up with GPU problems. Maybe reseat GPUs one at a time but maybe try booting with no GPU with display off the iGPU of your CPU

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Have you tried clearing CMOS?

Sometimes this comes up with GPU problems. Maybe reseat GPUs one at a time but maybe try booting with no GPU with display off the iGPU of your CPU

I have already cleared the cmos, I have reseated both my gpus, switched pcie slots. Igpu doenst work.

Dood76
Level 7
I have fixed the problem, such an idiot, i didnt fully put the ram in.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip was just going to say reseat your memory, folks do not always wait for the double click as they see only the single latch. Very pleased you are sorted and that you posted up how you fixed the issue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

gianfranco_augi
Level 7
hi everyone i have error55 asus z490 e and ram F4-3000C16D-16GTZR
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB cpu Intel Core i5-10600KF - Core i5 10th Gen please help me thank you