cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX screens help

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hey guys, I recently purchased a G75VX from bestbuy, I returned it then bought another one and this one has a different screen! It have all the weird specks that was on the other one (and the display model of the G750JW). So why is this?
I do like this screen better, although I see vertical lines most places, those lines are better than the specks. This is a G75VX-BIn11

EDIT: someone answered that there are the chi mei and the auo, so how do I tell the difference based on reading the box? because I can't check it before I buy. I want the AUO
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
All the different Vendor have their own model set up to there specs. In most cases you get what you pay for!
Seems to me the non glare full 1080 P screen has no problems?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
The thing is though, I bought two from the same vendor with two different screens, one had weird specks on it (which was common) and this one doesnt have those and its clear, very wierd.

There are a few panels used, the Chi Mei (matte) and the AUO (matte.) Horizontal Lines seem to be on the Chi Mei while on the AUO, pixels (specks as you call them) are clearly more visible which appear like "vertical lines" further away.

The AUO is the lesser of the two.

I believe the glossy screen is the Samsung (3D model) but another version of the Chi Mei (glossy) is also used as well.

If you want to know which panel yours is, download HWiNFO and run it, go to "Monitor" on the left side, it will show you.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Thank you very much Dreamonic, I'll download that.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
How do I know whetcher I will get a Chi Mei or AUO based on the box? I need to know this...
Is there a way to read it on the side or anything?

Dreamonic
Level 12
AFAIK, the VX's have been getting the Chi Mei more so than the AUO. The non-3D VW's usually get AUO more than Chi Mei, but it just depends on what ASUS wants to throw in really. It's a mixed bag with no certainty which you'll receive.

If I remember correctly, the Chi Mei panels are thicker than the AUO. The top bezel seems to detach itself from the clips below the webcam area when opening it up. Use your thumb and apply gentle pressure to snap it back in place.

I wouldn't put too much time into this because both screens have their flaws, they are minor really as I've used both. Most people here just use an external monitor for anything outside of gaming on their G's while some use their NB's instead. It's the nature of some TN displays, which is good enough for what the G is marketed for - gaming.

You can't find out which you'll get until you boot the G up and run HWiNFO or look via Device Manager/Monitors/.../Details ~ Hardware ID in Windows.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
That's disappointing, I really want to exchange it for one with this screen. To me, this one is a million times better. But if I exchange it I'm afraid I won't get the same screen, since I'd have to go toa different store
Also it seems kind of slow, whats up with that?