Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

ROG FM2+ A88X plans?

Alot of manufactures are taking kaveri VERY seriously, and even gigabyte has given socket FM2+ G.1 Sniper Treatment
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7227/g...rds-for-kaveri

Does Republic of Gamers have any plans to support this socket accordingly? The platform looks VERY good and it would seem like a missed opportunity to overlook this. A phat red and black themed FM2+ board with all the bells and whistles looks like it could be just what the doctor ordered, or is gigabyte going to run away with this one?

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Actually this has been asked and answered many times. Until AMD comes up with a solid chipset and a serious
    cpu/apu .. the CrossHair Series is at a standstill ... it will come.
    That said .. Asus itself is running away with the APU field .. they are the leader in these motherboards ..
    they are just not of the ROG flavor .. sad to say for you, myself and many others.
    As far as Giglebyte ... hahhhhaa ... et. Also ran. imho. Let it be so.
    In the end .. ROG, as always will rein supreme. I, like yourself await the outcome.c.

ROG Enthusiast Array

kaveri is shaping up to be a VERY solid cpu/apu. Crosshairs should no longer be at a standstill, rather a platform change to Fm2+. It would be unwise to consider this offering from Gigabyte a "joke" . This is serious competition.

If Asus doesnt release what appears to be a "gamer" Oriented motherboard for this platform, many "gamers" Will be forced to consider other motherboards with an outward appearance that appeals to them. Global PC sales has been falling steadily, but the gaming market has still been "growing"
    http://techreport.com/news/25197/as-...aming-hardware
    These gamers apeal to flashy hardware with features oriented towards overclocking/gaming and more importantly, marketing. Without an ROG flavored board, how can Asus expect to sell more mainstream boards to gamers than say Gigabyte who markets a gamer oriented board with shiny features?
    Last edited by Ace123; 08-18-2013 at 02:18 AM.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

I would suggest that they do not rival what is already available .. we all have high hopes for the
    next gen AMD .. I am first in line among 'we' .. The AM2's are very impressive, but as to what is
    already available .. et. As in not yet ... gigabyte provides nothing above what is already available in
    the blue wrappered Asus .. imho. Not even close. Add a 7900 Series and what ??? Be serious bro.
    Trust me. I would love to see, and have said so on many occasions that I think the FM2's deserve
    the black and red .. would love to see it .. think it should be so .. but from a marketing standpoint ..
    and a gamer/oc'r standpoint the money is better spent on the next gen AMD ... and for now ..
    ~sigh~ the intels .... Asus has the market on the FM2's ... and they indeed have 'Game'. again imho.
    No offense bro, or argument. just a perspective eh? ...

Don't be fooled by marketed, bright and shiny ... hahhaha .. 'lipstick on a pig' still dont take the
    ribbon !!!! lol.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-18-2013 at 03:33 AM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

ROG is a very specific brand. It is the best of the best and only the best should be considered for inclusion to that elite and exclusive brand label.

As it stands now, the APU motherboards and processors do not fit the profile. So like Chris and like you I wish that AMD will up there game significantly and start producing a new Chipset/processor range that can rule once more. APU is not such a processor.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Personally, i'm gonna wait until CES next year when AMD finally announces the release date of Kaveri, it was supposed to be this year, but hell if i know what happened, but it's coming next year now, even though Lisa Su said Kaveri was coming this year at her address at Computex this year :/ I have seen one ASUS FM2+ A88X board in the new black and gold coloring, interesting to see if anything else comes to pass @ CES 2014.

ROG Enthusiast Array

according to AMD they will be "shipping" kaveri at the very end of 2013 and it will be available retail beginning 2014

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Lets just hope that this kaveri will kick some booty....
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Lets just hope that this kaveri will kick some booty....
    Oh i'm hoping so Viz, since both MSI and GB have announced their 1st A88X gaming boards, ASRock will probably follow suit soon, maybe even EVGA if they feel it worthy enough a chip...and then of course, ASUS lagging behind ~le sigh~

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

We want it but we are evaluating the internal capacity to do it. This year has been very busy for the team, and first designs for the next-gen Intel chipset is already in flight too.

I will bring it up in the next team meeting.

What do you want on a Kaveri board? Let me know and I'll share your reasons.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast