cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SunTzu [Copied WL]

Retired
Not applicable
I actually finished the working components of this rig a few months ago (a little while after the ASUS GENE II came out), but there are (as always in a perfectionist's world) small details that need ironing out.

Simple specs:

Silverstone SG-01
Intel i7 920 on SwiftTech GTZ
Asus Rampage II Gene mATX x58
6gb Corsair XMS3
MSI GTX280 on Swifttech GTX200 ramsink and MCW60
2x120mm Radiator and being pumped by a MCP350 pump with Petras top
74gb Raptor boot drive, maybe a 750gb storage if I can fit it :X
DVDrw
650w Silverstone PSU

Here's a lot of pics from before:

This is the sketch of about how it is going to be, some revisions have been made:

Dang this post is too long 😕
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
A guy on asked this:
RonindeBeatrice wrote:
Hate to thread crap, but doesn't a 240mm radiator sound hella insufficient for a Core i7 and a GTX280?
Edit: I guess if you're not looking for 4Ghz overclocks, or better than air temps then it will at least keep the water from boiling? 😉

I'm running SunTzu right now at PDXLAN 16 and my temps are as follows from Core Temp 0.99.7: 36, 34, 37, 34C @ about 3.2ghz, I've ran 4ghz just fine, although I have noticed some onboard NIC issues 😕

On with log:

Here's the handle I got for improved transportation!
I'm just not sure where to orient it 😞 If I do it on the top, or anywhere really, I'm going to have to support it with some thin metal I think, just to distribute the weight a little more.

Retired
Not applicable
Hazzah!
I got around to cutting the windows tonight, and I'm very glad I opted to mount them on the inside, the cuts were not the straightest 😞 But I think they turned out at least half decent, and it's not like they're really going to be seen 🙂

Some pictures:
I was trying to choose between red and blue fans... well you see what I settled on. ; Always be sure to wear protection!

On the picture with the three cuts, I was testing different speeds of my Dremel, shortest is 2, medium is 4 and last is 6, which is what I settled on for my cutting speed.

I was glad that they were both almost identical to each other, I have planned to change out both windows on the SG-01, mostly because I would prefer the uniform look, but also because I don't' like the air holes on either side.

And lastly, we have my template for cutting out the hole for air to pass through.

Retired
Not applicable
Here's some quick pics of taping the holes that I did tonight.

Looks pretty cool! But u need to blow up some of those pics their hella small. I have been trying something similar on a thermaltake lanbox. Mine will be a tank. lol
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
pcjunkie209 wrote:
Looks pretty cool! But u need to blow up some of those pics their hella small. I have been trying something similar on a thermaltake lanbox. Mine will be a tank. lol

click on the thumbnails (the small pictures) and they'll link to the larger picture in my photobucket 😉

Retired
Not applicable
Since last time, I've trimmed the side of the lexan so now the case slides straight down into place on the case 🙂 Also, the holes for inlet/outlet for rad have been drilled, and the air duct for the rad is almost done, just needs a little trimming. Pics will explain the rest.

Retired
Not applicable
w00t pics!
I'm actually surprised how everything worked out. Tomorrow at lunch I plan on bringing the two potentially defective bitspower 45* fittings to Petras to pressure test them, but it looks like I didn't really need them in the first place, the two 3/8" fittings I used instead worked great.
Also after re-seating my waterblock and proc (good thing too, not enough TIM the first time :(), booted up just great. Now I need to register winders 😕 I think I'll just save whatever I have on there and install Win7 RC 🙂

The whole thing ending up weighing in around 23 lbs, which was heavier than I was expecting, but oh well.

Retired
Not applicable
Ambient 80F with some dicking around in BIOS

This is what I did at PDXLAN 14?:

and

pcjunkie209
Level 9
gotcha thanks! much better.lol
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com