cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7 4770K vs i5 4670K

Jakob_Zmrzlikar
Level 7
OK, so I need help deciding between i7 4770K and i5 4670K. I will use it for gaming and I will try to overclock it as high as possible for everyday use. Oh, and I will probably upgrade it to i7 7770K when it comes out (probably in 2016/2017).

So what do you think? which one should i take?

Cheers,

-Jakob
10 REPLIES 10

Chino
Level 15
For gaming, the i5-4670k. Hands down.

For heavy workloads like video/image editing, video rendering, CAD work, etc..., the i7-4770k.

Masterbobo
Level 7
Seeing as I game and do photo/video playing/editing tasks I love the hyperthreading. If you do both think about a 4930k LOL j/k
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

Jakob_Zmrzlikar
Level 7
OK, but I still want to know which one overclocks better, since I will OC it as high as possible with custom cooling and for everyday use (I hope I will get it at least to 4.5 GHz).

Cheers,

-Jakob

HiVizMan
Level 40
For sure you will get 4.5GHz with either CPU. And no one can tell you which will clock better because some clock good and some clock rubbish. That is what it is with Haswell.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Jakob_Zmrzlikar
Level 7
Ok, than I will go with the i5 4670k, because it's cheaper and I will only be using it for gaming and OC.

-Jakob

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good choice and please do let us know how your OC'ing turns out.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Jakob_Zmrzlikar
Level 7
Ok, I will but first I have to wait some time because I want to build a rig with the Formula and it will be some time before it will be available here in Slovenia. Thats just soo unfair because our country is so small and unimportant 😞

I am also planning to do a very good cooling, something like this:
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/936843_10151726655655817_487439425_n.jpg

There will be some changes, I will only use EK products for making a custom cooling cuz it's the only good manufacturer for cooling in our country. All tubes will be made of copper and I will not be cooling my GPU yet, only CPU. As i said, I will have to wait some time to get the formula in our country, but I hope this all components will be good enough so I will be able to OC my CPU to 5 GHz. This is my primary goal.

Oh and is there any way to buy just OC Panel without buying all MVIE package? I will always stick to the formula but just love the OC panel and I don't want to spend 300 $ to buy MVIE just to get the panel. Since MVIF also has OC Panel plug in I really want to get it.

-Jakob

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes you can get the OC Panel from your retailer and if they do not have it keep pestering them to sell it.

As to 5 GHz - hmm good luck mate. That is all about luck with your CPU these days. There are some folks who could not even get the CPU to go 4.7GHz, not for love or money. Just take your time when you get your system up and keep an eye on temps.

Jakob_Zmrzlikar
Level 7
OK, I will keep pestering my retailers for OC Panel but it will be hard to get it for sure. It's just not fair that our country is so unimportant that you have to search for a piece of hardware for hours and hours until you finally found one. I will post back as soon as my system will be complete.

-Jakob