cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX making a weird noise upon opening from sleep?

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hey guys, this has happened twice in the 3 day's I've had it (havn't used it that much yet). WHen I open it it usually makes a noise which comes from near the CD drive, which isnormal. But twice it's make an even weirder noise I can't quite explain besides chik-a-tik...
What going on with this?
Edit: it's after it's been on sleep for a few minutes, and its like theres a scratching sound inside... probably oging to have to exchange if I can.
Or it might be something in the fan making that noise?
7 REPLIES 7

d_2
Level 7
Are you sure that the sound it's not coming from the speakers? Mine does a weird noise like static electricity or like crumpling a piece of paper.
It's strange, but i just ignore it. Also i think that a bad fan will make a noise always, not just when waking from sleep.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
It sure doesnt sound like it's from the speaker, but i have no idea what it is then. I went to the store to try to show them but it wouldn't do it. It doesn't sound like static electricity though...

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you will tell store to dismantle and install again then try again.

Apexing
Level 9
could be the hdd that gets active when waking from sleep.

alpinestar
Level 7
it is HDD I had same issue before I put in the dual SSD raid0 setup now you can't hear anything its the best update for this laptop forget about ram upgrades SSD is a world of change

Kerly
Level 7
The HDD does make a quick noise when it starts spinning up. I don't get this on wake up since I primarily use my SSD, but when I access my HDD after it's been idle it makes that noise. Also my G75VW makes a popping noise from the speakers when it opens up. Might just be the current driver I am using.

Konstantin77
Level 7
I updated to SSD but still hearing the noise (but for shorter period). I uninstalled the nvidia audio drivers and I have no issue since. Please verify and confirm.