cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V ....Urban Myth or Reality

waz71
Level 7
Hi guys and gals...Just wanna know with the imminent arrival of the i7 4960x and family will there be a Ramage V to compliment them.....cause if there is put my name down .....cheers 😉
21 REPLIES 21

HiVizMan
Level 40
Look no one that knows can tell you right now. There is a thing called NDA that those who know are all bout by.

But what I can say to you is this, each and every time there has been a new Intel CPU for a platform there has been a revision. So why would that not happen now? Just think about it. X58 there were three different Rampage Extreme boards. 😮
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
X58 there were three different Rampage Extreme boards. 😮

😮 really? I thought the RIII only had the RIIIE and RIIIE Black Ed?

HiVizMan wrote:
Look no one that knows can tell you right now. There is a thing called NDA that those who know are all bout by.

But what I can say to you is this, each and every time there has been a new Intel CPU for a platform there has been a revision. So why would that not happen now? Just think about it. X58 there were three different Rampage Extreme boards. 😮

Oh dear, I really do not want to know that. I spent enough on THIS version already. lol

I say again, I really need to get a cheaper hobby. :eek:
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope first one was the R2E that was X58 then the other two.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Nope first one was the R2E that was X58 then the other two.

Ahh, thanks for the history lesson 😉 😛

Hatross
Level 10
there may be a new revision... but it'll be X79 😄

unless Intel announces a chipset I'll just kick back enjoy what I got until Skylake
...wide open

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip good advice if you have a X79 system already.

For those of us on x58 and still waiting, it's like Christmas in summer!

raw2dogmeat wrote:
For those of us on x58 and still waiting, it's like Christmas in summer!

One of the best platforms with the longevity that has been simply amazing. The key difference between mainstream chipset and enthusiast is the cycle of change.