cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Gene, compatible with 2666Mhz RAM?.

Conin
Level 7
Hi guys, in the ASUS Rampage IV Gene specs sheet it says that the RAM is only supported up to 2400 Mhz (O.C.), but I'd like to know if it is possible to use 2666Mhz sticks, something like this.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and attention.

Regards.
5 REPLIES 5

Hatross
Level 10
probably best to slap an IB-E in there first...?
...wide open

chrisnyc75
Level 12
You could definitely use that set of ram in your RIVG *IF* you ran it at or below 2400mhz (which is the highest the mobo is rated to run).

Whether the RIVG will run ram above 2400mhz I do not know. I have not been able to get my RIVE to boot above 2400mhz, but I'm not sure if that is because my ram will not oc that high or the mobo will not support that speed.

This sounds like something HiVizMan would know.....
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

chrisnyc75 wrote:
You could definitely use that set of ram in your RIVG *IF* you ran it at or below 2400mhz (which is the highest the mobo is rated to run).

Whether the RIVG will run ram above 2400mhz I do not know. I have not been able to get my RIVE to boot above 2400mhz, but I'm not sure if that is because my ram will not oc that high or the mobo will not support that speed.

This sounds like something HiVizMan would know.....

Thanks a lot for your answer; I'll keep on searching for info 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
This rather depends on your CPU's memory controller (IMC). Generally SB-E has a ceiling at 2400 though OCing and using voltages over 1.65 can get you more.....pushing 1.8 you could get that high I've seen a couple of people do it but just for enough time to get a screenshot! ;)without exotic cooling all this of course...

As Hatross cryptically suggests; IB-E, which will be a drop in replacement on this 2011 socket, is supposed to be coming with an improved IMC....at least in terms of what Intel says will work...1866 compared to 1600 guaranteed now. So, the expectation is that it will be able to clock RAM higher....but that is not info that is about just yet.....

HiVizMan
Level 40
Colin what CPU are you planning on using mate?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.