cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 clean install on raidr

jsarver
Level 11
Do I treat this as a single drive when installing 8 or as a raid? I want to make sure trim works so do I also need the latest irst drivers for the install? Not familiar with pcie ssds or raid setups
14 REPLIES 14

hey i read that multiple times before posting. it doesnt actually tell you how to treat the drive though. does it need irst? does it control trim on its own or does windows need to? im thinking it should be treated as one normal drive but not sure. if someone could help with the basics i can take it the rest of the way.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate, if you have the drive simply pop it in the PCIe slot and follow the normal way to install your OS. It is a single drive and has its own ctrl-m (I think it is) to set up the RAID on your RAIDexpress.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jsarver
Level 11
ok cool so no irst needed during install? it arrives tomorrow from newegg.

jsarver wrote:
ok cool so no irst needed during install? it arrives tomorrow from newegg.

IRST is for Intel SATA controllers. Irrelevant for PCIe storage devices.

jsarver
Level 11
Ok cool! Thanks man. Wanted to make sure

Praz
Level 13
You're welcome. 🙂

Deon017
Level 8
mine did not automatically install RAID - had to use my bios to create Raid0 - if you dont it will show as two drives.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is correct.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.