cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to drop the price

skywalker311
Level 8
I know that the new Raidr Express use the pci express lane and that it has all that cool software and the cool rog look to it. Come on $350! I was ready to get it until I saw the price tag. I would rather go with a Samsung 840 pro or the new EVO. For the price that you pay for the Raidr Express you can get the new 500GB Samsung 840 EVO. Come on ASUS and do the right thing and drop the price!:mad:
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
I sort of know what you are saying, I love the Samsungs and use them pretty much exclusively - testing out a 960 Crucial M5 currently. But the Raidr is not a ssd, or at least not in the way that a single ssd is a ssd.

840MB reads, 810MB writes on a PCie device. So two SSDs and a controller for $350 is not too bad. Go have a look at some of the LSI raid controllers mate and you will be amazed at how pricy they are, now toss into the mix a couple of 280 SSD's and you end up with quite a dent in the wallet.

But yeah I agree I would like the price to come down too. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jsarver
Level 11
the ocz revo drive is anywhere from 500 to 650 for 240gigs...i think asus has done some good pricing. now would i like to see it less...well of course but in all reality it is aggressive pricing.

Chino
Level 15
Like all things in electronics, the price will go down eventually. The big question is: Do you have the patience to wait?

Chino wrote:
Like all things in electronics, the price will go down eventually. The big question is: Do you have the patience to wait?

it seems like on this train (enthusiast tech products) the only time prices come down beyond a $20 reduction is when a new product which takes its place is announced or hits the market... then you're wanting the new improved specs and speed 😄

raidr is priced good imo, dual sandforce ect, I really wish it had those removable or upgradeable chips though, it would be sitting here right now haha.
...wide open

Menthol
Level 14
Like Viz says considering what you get the price really is quit good, better than I thought it was going to be, I am looking forward to seeing a Realbench run on one of these, I am trying to justify buying one just for that, something about being the first one to post a benchmark with new hardware that is hard to resist 🙂
Viz what do you think one of these with multiple partitions for different OS's for benching?
Talk me down please

Jim-M4EZ
Level 7
Newegg / RAIDR : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820785002&Tpk=asus%20raidr ... $350

... yesterday (08/21/13) the RAIDR could have been had for $325, with the egg's one day $25 promo code ... 😉
- M4EZ - 1: 3510 - 2: 1004 / i7-2600K / Redline 2133 16GB / Win7 Pro x64
- v.3510 / 8.0.0.1351 - v.8.1.0.1263 / 10.8.0.1303 - v.11.2.0.1006
- RevoDrive3x2 240GB - OS / Vector 256GB x2 RAID0 - OS / Vertex3 MI 120GB - OS / P'9230 3.0 2TB - B/U
- 9260-8i BBU - CacheCade Pro Vertex3 120GBx2 RAID0 SSD Caching - Const ES SAS RAID10 GHS - Data
- GTX580 3GB HC2 / Xonar Essence STX / ST1200G / TJ10B-W / ZR30w / SP 2500 2.1
- Water: Swiftech/Koolance/Tygon/EVGA/MIPS - Wind: SST/Noctua/Cougar

HiVizMan
Level 40
Menthol since the drive is a AHCI driver it will work a treat for single card benching and 2D too I think. The trick is going to be when you do your dual or multi card benching.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

skywalker311
Level 8
I hear what you guys are saying . I think $250 would have been a great starter price for the 250GB version. Which is the only one out at the moment.
It like graphic cards to. I've watch them go up and up on there prices each time they come out with a new one. It jump a good bit this time. when the 500 series came out they were the same as the top 400 series. Then the 600 series came out and it was just a tad higher, which is normal.
But now the 700 series is crazy. When the 780 came out it was almost $700 which just last year the 600 series was $500 to $560 when they came out. Just saying.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Titan was $1000 + mate.

Folks paid it. So why should they cut back on prices. I do agree nVid are crazy with their pricing. BUT wait the new AMD card is very very near and lads I can promise you it is a beast and will clean up across the board.