cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't show in BIOS?

saddog5523
Level 7
I installed the PCIe SSD and booted the system, installed the drivers, but it will not show up in Windows Explorer or in BIOS. I have the switch on UEFI (to the right), and it is in a full x16 PCIe slot on my Maximus VI Extreme mobo.
13 REPLIES 13

Chino
Level 15
1. How many GPU/s are you using?
2. Which slots are you using for your GPU/s?
3. Which slot are you using for your RAIDR?

saddog5523
Level 7
This is a new build, and I don't have any GPU(s) yet. The RAIDR is currently sitting on the PCIe x8 slot (third slot from the top).

weiwei
Level 7
it will not show in BIOS if you selected UEFI mode, did you check disk management? maybe its just not formatted yet?

saddog5523
Level 7
I just checked disk management. It shows up as 111.79GB unallocated drive. I was wanting to transfer everything from my ssd to this. How would I go about doing that? I want to use it for my OS and applications.

I just wanted to say.. I love how much help one can receive from this forum. I consider myself a noob since this is my first build. 😛

saddog5523 wrote:
I just checked disk management.
It shows up as 111.79GB unallocated drive.

What size is your RAIDR ?
... I thought the 240GB was the only version that was out atm ... :confused:
- M4EZ - 1: 3510 - 2: 1004 / i7-2600K / Redline 2133 16GB / Win7 Pro x64
- v.3510 / 8.0.0.1351 - v.8.1.0.1263 / 10.8.0.1303 - v.11.2.0.1006
- RevoDrive3x2 240GB - OS / Vector 256GB x2 RAID0 - OS / Vertex3 MI 120GB - OS / P'9230 3.0 2TB - B/U
- 9260-8i BBU - CacheCade Pro Vertex3 120GBx2 RAID0 SSD Caching - Const ES SAS RAID10 GHS - Data
- GTX580 3GB HC2 / Xonar Essence STX / ST1200G / TJ10B-W / ZR30w / SP 2500 2.1
- Water: Swiftech/Koolance/Tygon/EVGA/MIPS - Wind: SST/Noctua/Cougar

it is - but you have to create RAID0 in your bios - it will show as 2 x 111GB drives without RAID0 - even if it does not show in your bois because its not SATA it will still show under boot devices -

Deon017 wrote:
it is - but you have to create RAID0 in your bios - it will show as 2 x 111GB drives without RAID0 - even if it does not show in your bois because its not SATA it will still show under boot devices -

I read in intel pach sdd data sheet that windows 8 dont permit used trim with raid 0 with sdd disk...

weiwei
Level 7
I think it is because it uses UEFI mode, I see them in BIOS when I switched to Legacy mode though.
@saddog why don't you just copy/paste them? LOL or use ghost instead?

saddog5523
Level 7
Alright.. So I opened disk manager, and it had the drive listed with the appropriate drive size. It was unallocated, so I formatted it to NTFS on drive letter F. It immediately pulled up the autorun box and it popped up in windows explorer. Yay!!! Too bad it was short lived.. Lol. I restarted and booted into BIOS to see if it would show up, it didn't, so I restarted back into Windows. It wasn't showing up in windows explorer anymore. I checked disk manager and it only showed 111.79GB of the 240GB, and it showed that it was unallocated. At this point I'm scratching my head because I thought I had made some headway. I talked to some IT guys I work with and they told me to try installing an OS onto it, and that it should have it's own raid controller on the board. I installed Windows 7, and it still only shows up as 111.79GB. I can't find the other half. :confused: Will someone tell me that I'm making this harder than it should be? 😞 I'm taking it to my work tomorrow to let the IT guys mess with it, though I was hoping you all would have a suggestion or two to try.