cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRANGE Touchpad problem with Asus G75VX

terminator7
Level 7
Hello!
I have very strange problem with the touchpad on my new Asus G75VX.
When I enable Two fingers scroll I cannot move the cursor and can only use the touchpad like a scroll (with one finger).
I reinstalled Synaptics Pointing Device driver but the problem is still here.
I don't know how to fix it.
Thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10

terminator7
Level 7
Can someone help me ??? :confused:

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
You may need to try an alternate driver. I see a lot of people using Elantech drivers instead, and ultimately they seem to prefer them.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
You may need to try an alternate driver. I see a lot of people using Elantech drivers instead, and ultimately they seem to prefer them.

I tried to install it but it says "The driver version doesn't suit this Touch-Pad"
I downloaded it from here

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think G75VX is synaptics, how to duplicate your proble? step by step

Pitcher@asus wrote:

When Two Fingers Scroll is disabled, everything works normal but when I turn on the scroll function I am not able to move the cursor and I can only scroll with the touchpad (up-down, left-right) And it works with ONE finger, not two.

Pitcher@asus wrote:

When Two Fingers Scroll is disabled, everything works normal but when I turn on the scroll function I am not able to move the cursor and I can only scroll with the touchpad (up-down, left-right) And it works with ONE finger, not two.

After reinstalling it again in order to install Elantech driver it works without problems. I hope it won't be temporarily.

Oh nooo... After pressing the windows start button and getting to the start menu the whole driver stopped working!

terminator7
Level 7
A minute later it works but I can't scroll. I've tried to open the synaptics settings and after 2-3 minutes I got 5-6 messages "stopped working"
Why all this is happening?