cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calibrate monitor?

willy
Level 7
I have a G75VX with the Chi Mei display and although it has the graininess associated with this display I am happy with it. It has a decent brightness with deep blacks and compared to my older laptops which looked washed out this is a huge upgrade. My problem is that I want to get the most out of my laptop and would love to properly calibrate it. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with calibration software such as calman5 or spyderelite and the colorimeters that they come with and if so are they worth the $300 or can I just get a profile somewhere online and save the money?thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

alpinestar
Level 7
download Evga Precision and in the settings theres configure option for monitor I UPPED MINE TO 80Hz works like a charm or you can simply replace the screen for 120$ to a 3d one which synces at 120Hz

I read somewhere that the 3d screen needs a different connector that the 60hz screen if not that's not a bad idea. If anyone has done the switch to a 3d screen let me know and if so which ones are good?

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I use this "calibration disc" (link below) for all my LCD/LED panels, works really well!
Very easy to use, has every thing you need to calibrate your panel. (includes color filters)

DVE_HDBasics
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

the-osiris
Level 7
maybe you're interested on this : http://www.w6rz.net/

willy
Level 7
Thanks for the info guys and I'll check out both options.