cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssd's in a pc

jmoorez2001
Level 10
i have a ? for all can there be 2 pcie ssd's installed in to a pc and then run in raid or would they just run as a single disk or can they work when 2 are installed ?
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes you can have two or more SSD in your system.

You can have them as individual stand alone disks.

You can have them in RAID (any raid that is physically possible with the SATA connectors)

With a RAID you have to build the raid, see the guide in my sig.

With single disk mode (AHCI) if your SSD have been enabled using the disk management tool from your OS then you just use them.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Praz
Level 13
jmoorez2001 wrote:
i have a ? for all can there be 2 pcie ssd's installed in to a pc and then run in raid or would they just run as a single disk or can they work when 2 are installed ?

Multiple PCIe SSDs can be configured as software RAID only. You would need to create the array from within the operating system. Configured like this the array would not be bootable.

thanks Praz just what i was looking for thougth that the pcie ssd's not able to do raid but would be sweet if so thats for sure as the speed of one is awsomely fast but 2 in raid would be supreme

Praz
Level 13
You're welcome. 🙂 It would be nice to be able to RAID a few of those drives.

jmoorez2001
Level 10
yes it sure would be awsome if they could be even there there already in raid 0 already from factory
it would shoot the pcie ssd's as fast or close to the same speed as the ramdisk program is