cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hawaii" announced 08/25/2013, on sale in October!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Well, looks like it's time for me to try and start saving for October. If I(most likely) won't be able to afford the Posiedon, i'm gonna try and get my mits on a Hawaii when it hits the market in October!! 😄 :cool:

http://www.amdoverclock.net/amd-to-commence-mass-shipping-of-hawaii-gpu-in-early-october/

AMD To Commence Mass Shipping of Hawaii GPU in October

Digitimes sources close to the upstream supply chain have said that AMD would give the greenlight to its partners after announcing the Hawaii GPU in September after which manufacturer’s including ASUS, MSI and Powercolor would be mass shipping the Hawaii GPU based products to retail channels and distributors. Hawaii chip itself would be made available to consumers by late October.

As AMD is set to announce its next-generation high-end GPU codenamed Hawaii, graphics card players including Asustek Computer, Micro-Star International (MSI) and PowerColor are expected to start mass shipping related products in October, according to sources from the upstream supply chain. Digitimes

The Hawaii GPU is expected to be available at a price under $600 US which would make it the direct competitor to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics card. The main question is, what kind of performance would it boast? From a leaked benchmark, it was shown that the Hawaii GPU might end up faster than the GeForce GTX Titan in 3DMark 11. Ofcourse, these synthetic benchmarks do not represent actual gaming performance so that remains to be seen.

It should be pointed out that AMD is offering tons of optimizations for their graphic cards in next generation titles from EA and Square Enix. And we have already seen possible press boxes of the Hawaii GPU which might be bundled with a full retail copy of Battlefield 4. This means that if gaming performance is on target as AMD has been telling the press, then it would be clear win for Hawaii GPU in terms of price and performance.

In preparation of their next generation Radeon series launch, AMD has announced massive price cuts on their current Radeon HD 7000 series cards all the way from the top tier Radeon HD 7990 down to Radeon HD 7870. The Radeon HD 7990 witnessed the biggest price cut with AMD slashing its price down to $699 from $1000 US while the Radeon HD 7970 sells for around $299-$329 and Radeon HD 7950 for $269-$299. In addition to the price cuts, AMD recently also announced their Never Settle: Forever promotion offering users even more value and the ability to redeem the games they want themselves rather than letting AMD choose for them. All eyes are on the upcoming Hawaii GPU as to what level of performance it delivers against the NVIDIA’s GK110 core.

Bring on Kaveri and SteamRoller too!!
4 REPLIES 4

Atomfix
Level 7
Exciting news ^_^
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 4.05GHz 1.48V / Northbridge @ 3000MHz 1.3V
ASUS Crosshair Formula V
G.Skill Trident X @ 1600MHz / 7-7-8-20-22 1T / 1.57V
XFX Radeon 5870 1GB - Voltage Control
Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W
Modified Raza 750 / 2x Radiators CPU Loop

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
like those price cuts!!....7970 XFire looks pretty good price-wise now against 780.....might have to get me a 7970 to bench....learn some AMD tweaking....:D

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Never thought i'd live to see the day that Arne would test anything AMD 😛

HiVizMan
Level 40
AMD graphic cards are great to bench with I love them to bits.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.