cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raid r and 4 way /3 way Crossfire

End-The-Fed
Level 7
hey guys,just bought one! , cant wait till it gets here

in the meantime, im planning on pairing a MVI E with this raidR.

any advice on RAIDR placement pci slot wise? i read the guide, but still am unsure.

is it possible to get this and,say 4 7970s working ?

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Deon017
Level 8
depending on your MB - but some boards have the PCI-E 2_1 slots (smaller slots) - they do not interfere with the PCI-E 1_? slots or their bandwidth. I installed my RAIDR on my PCI-E 2_2 slot and it works perfectly - the only negative feedback is that all paperwork for the card itself and the programs associated with it lacks depth -

Deon017
Level 8
just something else - if you are using a ASUS MB and put the RAIDR in slot PCI-E 16_3 or PCI-E 16_4 - check your bios as the slot is on auto setting - auto does not mean that it will run at the inserted cards request - but at X1 to free resources - you have to set the bios to X4 - doing that will speed up the RAIDR by double

End-The-Fed
Level 7
thanks Deon for the tips , once it gets here ill be able to shed some mroe light,

im using a maximus vi extreme, has lots and lots of pci-e slots.

izzyreb02
Level 9
so if I get one on my rampage iv formula and I already have a sound card in its pci e 1x slot and a graphics card on the 16x slot 1, will I be able to fit it on the middle pci 16x slot between my sound card cause later on I be buying 2x GTX Titans or 780's.. so hopefully it should work, If that makes sense to follow up

End-The-Fed
Level 7
the guide said you need a pice x2 lane

"RAIDR Express itself requires at least PCIe x2 to give sufficient bandwidth to the card, so PCIe 1x slots are insufficient."

dude, why dont you get another 680 ,instead of titans/780s in SLI
?

End-The-Fed wrote:
the guide said you need a pice x2 lane

"RAIDR Express itself requires at least PCIe x2 to give sufficient bandwidth to the card, so PCIe 1x slots are insufficient."

dude, why dont you get another 680 ,instead of titans/780s in SLI
?

Cause I might do water cooling one day and finding water blocks might be hard to find, plus to the fact that I proberly want to have an up to date system.

jsarver
Level 11
i have a formula v. im running sli 780's and a creative z sound card in the 1x slot between them. my raidr is on the top pcie 2 slot right under the cpu. everything works just fine and i have no issues with pcie bandwidth.

X-ROG
Level 15
Use the PCIe 4x slot near the bottom, but you'll need to WC your graphics cards in order to get this all to fit as there is 'only' a dual-slot gap.

izzyreb02
Level 9
Ah I suppose that's a reply for my case if I do water cooling? I am thinking of moving to another case like the Corsair 900D or something to be able to have lots of room and space but Im not too sure if its really necessary to have 3 Raditors or such though.

My case is the Aerocool Advanced ST case (Black) but I get a funny feeling it might get clogged up in there.

Thanks MarshallR for the response ^.^