cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything works fine now but just yesterday it crashed

pectin232
Level 7
I used the AI Suite to overclock it... it works well for weeks and then suddenly it crashed yesterday. What can I do. I have a i7 2600k... I have a good cooling with it as well [air con room] temps are around 41 degrees only during 50% load I believe as I do word processing and some web surfing or youtube only. why did it crashed? I am also using Vengence memory 1866 ones... and BLCK is at 103.00 or so using the AI suite. Sometimes I do notice it being slightly a little sluggish [using Windows 7 64 bit with SP1] with the Highpoint 602 1.1 BIOS attached to the PCIE x4 slot I think....any suggestion is appreciated. I did a memtest 96 or something and they all passed. Is there a way to overclock it much lower like to 4.1 only instead of 4.4+ghz? How? I do not want to go and do everything manually in the BIOS...
10 REPLIES 10

chrsplmr
Level 18
If this bios features are the same as the V...when you go into bios and choose "OC Tuner"
the puter will reboot and test as it goes...you can stop it where you want..but
dont you just love but..?
but if you get the figures through one of the 'gurus' here... manually is the way to go..
in my humble..not so techy opinion...Great Luck to ya.

I have no idea why after 'weeks' it would crash. Could be so many many things.c.

xeromist
I would not worry unless this becomes a regular issue. Occasionally other things cause Windows to crash that aren't related to hardware. Are you able to run things like LinX and Furmark without crashing?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I am running linx now and other things.. I have 4 4x 4gb Vengence 1866 module... I am going to run this for 1-5hrs on each module to see if it is a memory issue just to be sure. I am tying on this pc now. Sometimes when I type it feels a little slow... it takes a while for it to show on screen when typing... I forgot that the BIOS ends with Debug 58

People having trouble with Vengence.

I would not set the bclk to 103, everything expects 100.
The VCCIO should be within .5 of the DRAM Voltage.. so if you Volt the Memory to 1.65 then you need VCCIO of 1.15. The spec is 1.05+-3%
I don't think overclocking is worth it anyway.

The other thing is the Intel Storage Drivers.. if you did not install those you will have pauses maybe.

xeromist
Yes, while you run linx the rest of the system will be slow, or do you mean at idle?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Yes, while you run linx the rest of the system will be slow, or do you mean at idle?

Even after running the memtest or linx.... typing sometimes slows the screen display. The memory is new... so I am not sure why it is like this. Are there any so 'called' good and stable memory for this motherboard... working 16gb instead of 8gb... as I run several visualization of Windows 2003 enterprise along with other virtualizations of oracle and SQL server ent. suggestions?

69_Goat
Level 7
If you list more of your settings, it would be easier to spot a potential problem.

What speed is your ram running at, and at what volts?
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

pectin232
Level 7
BCLK at 100.3 mhz
CPU Voltage 1.250
DDR Voltage 1.500
VCCSA/IO: 1.0500
CPU PLL 1.8
PCH 1.06
CHA Dara 0.5
CHA CTRL 0.5
CPU Ratio 38.0

69_Goat
Level 7
I'll do some testing on my machine tonite and post back here.

CPU Volts @ 1.25 may be a little low to run at 3.9 GHz.

I still don't know what speed you are running your ram at.

Can you post a screen shot of CPU-Z with CPU and Memory tabs?
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile