cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the bios.

iweber95
Level 7
I have no idea how to update my bios so can someone explain it to me:)
ASUS G750JX
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD
6 REPLIES 6

sezer
Level 7
asus support site for jx has winflash program, and you need latest firmware (207 as of now) so you can try with that.

mine didn't work with windows, so i went into bios, selected bios update and it allowed me to select partition and then file within the disk. Then i choose it and did the update.
firmware is zipped, make sure to unzip it before doing anything, it needs unzipped version.
Also make sure laptop is plugged and has at least 50% charge to be safe. otherwise it may fail and you may need to deal with asus support.

Pitcher1
Level 9
please download BIOS from ASUS support site, and save to USB device, into BIOS then find the ezflash, into ezflash and find file, press enter to update bios, when bios flash complete, please into BIOS again and load default.

DeltaActual
Level 12
Yeah, only use EZFlash utility in the BIOS, like Pitcher says. Otherwise you can brick your laptop.
G614JV

Flea0
Level 10
is there any particular reason I should be updating the bios for, considering the laptop doesn't have any misbehaviours I can detect EXCEPT the fans not showing up on any hardware monitor software?
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

Flea0 wrote:
is there any particular reason I should be updating the bios for, considering the laptop doesn't have any misbehaviours I can detect EXCEPT the fans not showing up on any hardware monitor software?

You sure don't have to. But i always do) just to make sure i have the latest. It is not that complicated and if you do it thru the BIOS - it's pretty safe.
G614JV

cosmicmango
Level 10
The link below is a Youtube video from Asus on how to use Easy Flash 2, in the video it says to push F1 to get to the Bios, but with the G750 you have to push F2. Once in the bios select the Advance tab and click - start Easy Flash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQKQj_aASCQ
G752VY-DH72