Storage #2WD Blue 1Tb
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1200P
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB
    Headset Logitech G230
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Over 2600 views and nobody can put some video or even screen shots how to do it??come on lads :-D

ROG Enthusiast Array Prometheus1 PC Specs
    Prometheus1 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula-Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core @ 4.8Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident X Series 2 X 16GB (2 x 8GB) F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 270X 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
    Graphics Card #2SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 270X 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus VE278H
    Storage #1WD Se WD1002F9YZ 1TB 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler moded to push/pull120mm-240mm
    CaseCooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
    Power SupplyRAIDMAX RX-1000AE SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular
    Keyboard Logitec wireless
    Mouse Logitec
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I've been using raid-0 on all my boards (Asus exclusively) since the mid 90's. This is the first mobo I've encountered where achieving a raid config has been impossible, no matter what I do. Set bios to Legacy for raid setup, switch to UEFI in bios, boot, windows asks for drivers, but won't show any drives....hence, no way to load 7Ultimate 64bit in raid config, using UEFI mode. I've tried every variation I know to achieve a raid setup, and nothing works. I too wish someone would show/tell others how they got this board set to raid-0 using "any" setting (UEFI/Legacy)) with two SSD drives. After all my years building gaming computers for myself, and others by the score, working as mech tech in local computer repair shops, this board, which is my first ROG, has been the most difficult board I've ever encountered where raid is concerned. I admit, it's been a long while since I did tech work for anyone, or built gaming rigs (bike wreck 2006 shut me down for good in that area) for others, but I still have a decent understanding of how to achieve a raid config, as I have set it with no problems on my Sabertooth 990FX rev1, and Sabertooth 990FX rev2 boards, the later of which I bought and set up at the same time I purchased the Crosshair V Formula-Z. It would be nice to get some help on this, as I hate the idea that I bought two 128Gb Crucial M550 SSD's for my raid config on this board, and am having to load my OS to a single 128Gb M550 drive. which is a bit too small to handle all my games and programs. Very frustrating to ask for help with a board that so many run here in the ROG community, and no one bother to respond. Tried every tutorial listed, but none worked for the Crosshair V Formua-Z, and can't find a "solid", hands down tutorial on the Crosshair V anywhere in these forums. Bewildering, to say the least.

ROG Member Array allbetsareoff29 PC Specs
    allbetsareoff29 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo W530
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
    ProcessorFX-4170 (OC@4.85GHz)
    Memory (part number)GSKILL 2x8GB F3-2133C9D-16GXH (@1.65V)
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 295x2
    MonitorASUS PB287Q
    Storage #1Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB (Boot)
    Storage #2SanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB (2 in RAID0)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110 (push-pull with Noctua)
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Keyboard daskeyboard model S ultimate (cherry MX brown)
    Mouse Logitech G9x
    Headset Astro A40 2013 edition (white)
    OS Windows 7 Professional x64

same issue here. BIOS and RAID ROM detect array fine, but once I go to install windows, I load the raid drivers, and 2xSSD array doesn't show up.

I've spent 3 days on this and all I can say is that some ssd's aren't compatible with SB950 and their raid controller driver.

Spinners work in raid, so I know my SB is good. During windows install, spinners don't show until I load the RAID driver. Then they show up. But my Samsung SSDs refuse to show.

What's worse, even with fresh install of windows in raid mode on old spinners, the Samsung SSD can't even be detected by windows. Not IDE, not SATA, not AHCI, not nothing.

Having BIOS set to RAID effectively removes my Samsung SSDs from showing up anywhere (except bios and RAID ROM). The only way for windows to detect 1 or both of my Samsung 850's is to not use RAID in bios??? wtf. Very disappointed

So I spent 400 dollars on 4 SSDs (to be run in in 1+0 raid) for nothing.

New ROGer Array

i created a raid o on a win 7 install years ago and then upgraded to win 8.1. I now also wanted to go down the UEFI bios setting route (just to see the difference).

I tried to do a fresh install ( to get the boot partition working but failed). I used Acronis to wipe the existing data on my raid and set the partition to GTP.

Rebooted and set the bios to UEFI and then installed from usb stick. But i cannot get UEFI and raid to work together. Please what am i doing wrong ???

ROG Enthusiast Array cbjaust PC Specs
    cbjaust PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-8350
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentX F3-1866C8D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming
    MonitorDell U2410
    Storage #13 x Seagate 320GB RAID-0
    Storage #22TB Western Digital Black
    CPU CoolerThermalright Ultra Extreme 120 Black
    CaseGMC X-21
    Power SupplySeasonic S12 Energy+ 550W
    Keyboard Sidewinder X6
    Mouse Razer Diamondback
    OS Server 2008 R2 SP1
    Network RouterFritz!box Fon WLAN 7390

First you need to make sure the USB stick is seen as a UEFI bootable drive. Eightforums have good install guides.

Second, you need to boot the PC in Legacy mode in order to set up your array via the Raid option ROM. then you go back into the BIOS and set it to UEFI again and then boot the windows set up off the UEFI USB drive and once you feed it drivers you should see to array as a target drive for the install.
    MAIN AMD FX-8350 @ 4.78GHz | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | 16GB G.Skill TridentX | Radeon HD7970 3GB
    SERVER/HTPC AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.4GHz | DFI DK 790FXB-M2RSH | 8GB | Radeon HD5670

New ROGer Array

Thanks Cbjaust- I followed the guides and can get the usb stick or cd to show in the bios as and I can see the drive partition when selecting for install after installing drivers from disk but keep coming up with "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

Please note that raid 0 already exists and has not been created again for fresh install. as im currently only have one machine and a lot of data it takes 3 hrs to recover partition back to normal if it doesn't work.

I have done everything above but have noticed that as soon as you set sata 1 -4 to raid I cannot see uefi on the boot screen (apart from the usb drive). I can't help but think im missing something in the bios set up.

New ROGer Array

Problem solved. I wiped the raid 0 and reset it using disk drivers and it now installed fine. Very strange must just needed a nudge.

ROG Member Array allbetsareoff29 PC Specs
    allbetsareoff29 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo W530
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
    ProcessorFX-4170 (OC@4.85GHz)
    Memory (part number)GSKILL 2x8GB F3-2133C9D-16GXH (@1.65V)
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE R9 295x2
    MonitorASUS PB287Q
    Storage #1Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB (Boot)
    Storage #2SanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB (2 in RAID0)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110 (push-pull with Noctua)
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300 G2
    Keyboard daskeyboard model S ultimate (cherry MX brown)
    Mouse Logitech G9x
    Headset Astro A40 2013 edition (white)
    OS Windows 7 Professional x64

my Mushkin Chronos Deluxe in Raid Ready couldn't install Windows 7 x64. Basically, If I was using SATA set to RAID and RAID ROM to configure my drives (even if leaving it as Raid Ready), RAID ROM would format the drive with GPT. I spent couple hours trying different combinations of settings...nothing got me past the "windows can't be installed on this disk/partition". For whatever reason, it didn't like the drive with GPT even though I am using UEFI bios with compatibility set to UEFI first on all settings and F8-ing to manually specify to install Windows 7 from UEFI source / in UEFI mode.

After couple hours of messing with it, I thought I finally fixed it. Windows installed fine-until I checked the settings and found out that it installed it with MBR instead of GPT. At that point, I've lost too much time messing with it so I just left it the way it is. And yes, Raid Ready seemed to have pervail as RaidXpert sees the drive as Raid Ready just fine.

Some battles just aren't meant to be won

im having this problem in RAID 1, in raid 0 its fine, but in raid1 i can not get the option to instal windows since it can not see a place to instal it on.
    i can instal on a single drive.
    i can instal on RAID0 hit no problem
    on raid1 i can not get up my array in either bios or windows instal options.
    Last edited by kkn; 03-14-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2