cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair v formula UEFI raid issues

mra282
Level 7
Hello,
I am trying to install windows 8 on my system using 2 ssds in raid but for some reason i cannot figure out how. the uefi tutorials i found are for the rampage mobos and show options that the crosshair does not have in the bios so i cant really follow those.

Steps I have taken:
install 2 ssds into sata ports 1 and 2

Go into bios and change sata to raid

Choose UEFI driver

save and reboot

try to press Ctrl f and nothing.

can anyone help me i already flashed the bios to the lastest (1703), I have windows 8 on flash drive (uefi prefix in the boot menu) but I dont know what im doing wrong
Crosshair V Formula
AMD Phenom II 1075 X6
Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD x2
1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDD x2
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Coolermaster Haf x
1200 watt Coolermaster psu
Asus GTX 680
46" samsung 3DTV
19 REPLIES 19

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will need to set legacy and create your RAID first. Once you have done that then you can use the UEFI bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

mra282
Level 7
didn't think it was that easy. Thanks
Crosshair V Formula
AMD Phenom II 1075 X6
Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD x2
1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDD x2
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Coolermaster Haf x
1200 watt Coolermaster psu
Asus GTX 680
46" samsung 3DTV

I tried to do this on my board with two ssd's and it wasnt so easy. after the raid is set in legacy mode, restart and go in to bios. switch to uefi mode, f10 and reboot back into bios and no drives show up in the boot section except my uefi usb boot key (which will not boot).

Any thoughts as to what im not doing???

timmytwitch
Level 7
Same thing here. I have been trying to figure out how to use UEFI driver but nothing seems to work.

darkage
Level 11
just set the raid in legacy
reboot control+f and set the raid as you want
in uefi the drives will never show only Windows boot manager if its not set like this in bios then its not set to uefi
hope it helps

monoxide_tryst
Level 7
Is there anyone, or anywhere that can actually tell the steps to put the board in uefi mode??? Ive seen a few guides, but none for the actual crosshair V, and they have more/different option than our bios.

HiVizMan
Level 40
It has actually been explained above. Folks are looking for more complexity than there actually is.

Set your raid in Legacy.
Change to UEFI
Install OS

The RAID will not be visible in the bios. The RAID will be available for OS install. Have done this countless times now.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jarokamaro007
Level 7
Can someone make screen shots or video how.to do it please?that would be great.

jarokamaro007
Level 7
Hi..can some one help me please?.tryin to sort it out few days wit no luck...what i am doing wrong?First i copied my system from dvd to my pc.and did ISO image,after that i used Rufus program to make Uefi bootable device... Then i reset and went in to bios in legacy mode and changed in sata config... On chip sata channel -enabled, Sata port1-port4-RAID, Sata port 5-port6-RAID,Board sata Raid Rom UEFI Driver,Smart-enbled,and after i set boot from my UEFI USB STICK and instal Win 8.after instalation went in to bios and in boot option there was only windows boot manager...what i did wrong?system will not start..only if i change in to legacy willl start
Can same one help me please?