cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fan speed

gnarzle
Level 7
Hi

i have a little fan problem and hope someone can help me. and sorry for my english :rolleyes:

i got an asus g750jw. my cpu fan is is switching on/off all ~45 seconds, it was very annoying so i contacted the asus tech support. he sayd i should update my BIOS from 206 to 208, i done it now, and it worked. so no my fan are on all time, but not so loud like they was before when it turned up with 206. but i hoped the fan would be off all time with bios update becouse my cpu is max 30C° and gpu 38C° in idle, just temp1 (ACPI) is ~43C°, could that be the couse for the fan to start working?. so my question for you: is on your notebook the fans in idle on ore off? ore are they switching on/off too? and did someone got the same problem and solved it maybe.
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think asus G serious laptop is auto detect fan speed, i think fan is switch difference speed even in idle.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
The fans should always be spinning, whether idle or under load, as Pitcher mentioned. The RPM will increase or decrease depending on temps. Your fans' behavior sounds normal. 🙂

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!