cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About rampage iv extreme onboard sound

chaoskiller326
Level 7
hi, today i turned on my computer and connected a amplified speaker in the front p2 connector. In the rear p2 connector was the headphone connected. After this the sound stopped work in my computer, i reinstalled all drivers, restored the system 14 days ago and no signal of sound. Please someone that know can help me to get my sound back???And after this my realtek drivers dont appear the icon near the watch. I tryed installing it again but it dont shows the icon
5 REPLIES 5

tatmMRKIV
Level 10
RMA it buddy! I just had the exact same problem about as long ago. Got a mic finally and used it once before it broke.

just filled out RMA and am waiting a few days to send it out
RIVE C1 3930K @ 4.8 3 ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 250gbSamsung 840 TLC SSD dimastech hardv2.5
H100 w/ 4 push pull Bgear b-blaster 120 16gb 2x f3-2400c9d-8GTXD 9-11-11-31 1t 2475mhz 2tb seagate Antec 1200watt continuous PSU Minuteman 750va commercial UPS LG super multi drive Memorex bluray Samsung Syncmaster T27B750 46" Sharp aquos. killer 2100, soon to be installled: DT sniper dc2 waterblocks, etc

Masterbobo
Level 7
or if you don't wanna deal with the rma bs you can just pick up a clean little sound card and slot it in and be done with much better audio then the RIVE's onboard which I really dislike.
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do a full Clear CMOS to revert your board back to the factory defaults and then try installing the software again. If you have another OS you can try... That might be a clue as to what happened.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chaoskiller326
Level 7
how i do a full CMOS clear?

chaoskiller326 wrote:
how i do a full CMOS clear?

OK, At the rear of the MB, at the back plate, you have two switches there. One is the ROG connect and the other is the CMOS reset - some times referred to as the BIOS reset.
If I may gently suggest, please THOROUGHLY reread your motherboard manual. When you do so, I assure you that you will have many more questions - which will lead you to search the forums for answers before you post.
If you are an old timer with this updated board, you will discover things have changed. If you are new at assembling systems, READ, READ, READ, listen and learn.
With that I wish you the best of luck