cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with G750JW-BBI7N05

UnfairAwesomene
Level 7
i got a Asus G750JW-BBI7N05 laptop at Best Buy, Returned it the first time because bottom bezel was bent in the middle showing the backlight LEDs, returned it the second time because the "R" key on the keyboard kept popping up, returned the 3rd time b ecause I got a recovery error (was on phone 20-30 min with asus telling me to take battery out, hold down power button for 30 seconds and then reset bios (with no success), then i was told to go back to best buy and have them fix it. the problem is, that they said they will run a diagnostic on it and it will take 5 business days. what should i do about this? (it has been 14 days since i originally purchased this laptop and 5 more business days to maybe it gets fixed?)
63 REPLIES 63

UnfairAwesomene
Level 7
I forgot to mention to them too that the backlight was bleeding on the right side with the 3rd one (blue recovery screen was after I did windows update and restarted btw)

Original Purchase date: 8/13/2013 (yes very unhappy), school started this week, and nothing to game on during my breaks between classes =(, and have to walk across campus to the library just to check my email =(

Gamebouncer
Level 7
I think that pretty much points to the laptop being a Lemon. Good thing it's Best Buy and under 30 days. Just ask for your money again and start from scratch.

Gamebouncer wrote:
I think that pretty much points to the laptop being a Lemon. Good thing it's Best Buy and under 30 days. Just ask for your money again and start from scratch.

3 in a row??????

UnfairAwesomeness wrote:
3 in a row??????

Did you happen to walk under a ladder recently? Phew! 😛 Sorry to hear about all the trouble. If Best Buy won't exchange it for another (understandable after 3), you probably will either have to leave it up to their Geek Squad or get a refund.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Hey man sorry to here your problems with that..i also just got mine from bestbuy 4 days ago and had some probs with mine to.. i was thinking about returning it and getting an msi laptop threw them..they have one with the same processor 16gig of ram and 3gig 770m for $1600..i would go that way..i love the asus design but the problems with it arnt worth it..

Zach3290 wrote:
Hey man sorry to here your problems with that..i also just got mine from bestbuy 4 days ago and had some probs with mine to.. i was thinking about returning it and getting an msi laptop threw them..they have one with the same processor 16gig of ram and 3gig 770m for $1600..i would go that way..i love the asus design but the problems with it arnt worth it..

Don't really seem worth spending an extra $350 for 770m vs 765m, +4gb ram(i need more than 8GB anyways but easy to upgrade)

actually i got the price wrong it is $1300 lol..i am on my 2nd G750jw and im gonna see how this one plays out!

Zach3290 wrote:
actually i got the price wrong it is $1300 lol..i am on my 2nd G750jw and im gonna see how this one plays out!

What model is it? Cheapest one i see with 16gb of ram is $1578 and they don't allow you to upgrade anything without voiding the warranty (2 year warranty though) and 8gb just isn't enough ram

any further suggestions?