cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vw Monitor replacement problem

Chrtn
Level 7

Hello I have a little problem and hoping that you guys might help me 🙂

I bougt a Asus g75vw for my girlfriend, and she managed to close the monitor with her keys on the keyboard, resulting in a cracked screen.

Bought the exact same model (B173HW02) and got it in the mail today.

Took out the battery, removed the old cracked screen and put the new one in.

First boot the rog logo in the beginning was split in two and the left side of the screen was mirrored.
But in windows everything was working as intended.
Decided to do a reboot to make sure everything was ok, and it was now the problem got worse.

Now windows also has it screen duplicated into 3 parts and inverted, and mirrored and all kind of funny things. external monitor works as it should, so it`s not that.

Tried the old monitor and that was also making strange lines and inverted...

I had no problems with this even after the screen was cracked, i could still use the half that wasn`t cracked

All help would be appreciated!

/Chrtn
6 REPLIES 6

Clintlgm
Level 14
Just guessing here but did the connectors make up correctly? your Cable could be damaged. If not then then this new monitor maybe NFG
My reasoning on the cable being the problem is your experiencing the same issue with your old screen where you weren't before.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
so you change pannel by youself? where are you getting pannel? asus can not promise it is able to use when you are change pannel, i suggest you send to asus service center to check, but also you can check by youself, but i think it will spend more time to find the solution or parts.

Chrtn
Level 7
I tried everything now, removed the monitor and graphics card from device manager, tried the other screen again, and the same problem. Vga and hdmi output shows the screen as it should, so it must be the cable from the graphic card to the monitor that has some error i guess

It does indeed sound like a cable or connector problem, some screen errors have been solved due to bad connections could be either cable, Video card connection or screen connection, logically. With out replacement parts to test with or proper tools to test with I don't know how your going to solve this. You might be able to find the correct cable? and hope that would fix it. Otherwise I think your going to have to bite the bullet and send or take it for repair.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Chrtn
Level 7
maybe I`ll just hang it behind the tv, an use as a mediacenter in the living room 🙂

Thanks for all the help so far guys
I`ll post results

/chrtn

Bgold26
Level 7
That's what you get for buying your girlfriend an expensive gaming laptop lol jokes