Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Question guys:

Is there any reason why I CAN'T sit outside this winter with my computer? I mean if the air is really dry I should be able to sit outside right? I was wondering if my Corsair H100i is made for this aswell, because if temps are below 0 Celsius will the liquid freeze or is it like a car which can normally handle temps arround minus 20 or even colder?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array meankeys PC Specs
    meankeys PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex / Maximus IX APEX / Rampage V EX V10
    Processor7920X / 5960X / 6950X / 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z - 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #3ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCool Express SS
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 1200W
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

Well aside from freezing your nads off I think it would work. Just keep the pc running it should not freeze. I don't know what type of coolant there using or the specs. if you leave the pc off for any length of time the coolant may start to gel and freeze. It also may be tough to use the keyboard with gloves on lol

meankeys PC Specs
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

Nice run Noob

Way to go

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by meankeys View Post
    Well aside from freezing your nads off I think it would work. Just keep the pc running it should not freeze. I don't know what type of coolant there using or the specs. if you leave the pc off for any length of time the coolant may start to gel and freeze. It also may be tough to use the keyboard with gloves on lol
    Maybe I should get my hands on one of the very first keyboards ever made. They were as big as a house, this means I can keep my gloves on atleast

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

This is what I use for lapping the IHSAttachment 25658I use two fingers light pressure in a circular motion. I do 1 session dry then polish with a drop or two of water. I do use a glass surface. If you use a back and forth motion you will tend to slope the IHS. Mic it. Check out most lapping machines rotate the part in all directions.Lapping paperhttp://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...BC31gv%29&rt=d
    You're right Meankeys 100%, but I used that method because of the material of the heatspreader underneath the Nickel. I lapped copper a few times, mostly copperbases from VGA coolers and never had this rusty surface I had with Intel's heatspreader. Maybe the material is a different alloy, but after I finished using water, I could see corrosion and not the usal shiny mirror finish. So, I had to think of something, because I didn't like the idea of oxidation between the two surfaces. Besides, coolabs was almost impossible to apply. BTW, nice lapping papers. 3M is the top quality brand for lots of things. I have no idea if I can find them locally.

@ Crimsonimega, why don't you use a 10 meter HDMI cable and wireless keyboard and mouse?

meankeys PC Specs
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

Quote Originally Posted by nikosa43 View Post
    You're right Meankeys 100%, but I used that method because of the material of the heatspreader underneath the Nickel. I lapped copper a few times, mostly copperbases from VGA coolers and never had this rusty surface I had with Intel's heatspreader. Maybe the material is a different alloy, but after I finished using water, I could see corrosion and not the usal shiny mirror finish. So, I had to think of something, because I didn't like the idea of oxidation between the two surfaces. Besides, coolabs was almost impossible to apply. BTW, nice lapping papers. 3M is the top quality brand for lots of things. I have no idea if I can find them locally.
    Hi Nik
    one thing I didnt mention after I lap the IHS I take a cloth with some WD40 and wipe the heat sink down to clean it. Then prep it for the tim. this prevent the oxidation. try it it works very well.

It would be nice to see a couple of smart guys put together a comprehensive de-lidding/lapping thread/guide...with all the appropriate warnings, caveats and disclaimers, of course. There seems to be some disagreement across the web on things like IHS lapping vs. direct die and such.

Hi Nikone thing I didnt mention after I lap the IHS I take a cloth with some WD40 and wipe the heat sink down to clean it. Then prep it for the tim. this prevent the oxidation. try it it works very well.
    That's a good one! Thanks for the tip mate. I hated that rusty thing

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    It would be nice to see a couple of smart guys put together a comprehensive de-lidding/lapping thread/guide...with all the appropriate warnings, caveats and disclaimers, of course. There seems to be some disagreement across the web on things like IHS lapping vs. direct die and such.
    Yes, I've read a lot of stuff and everyone has his rights. I go with what it works. And when it comes to coolabs you need mirror surfaces because it's applied as a paint. It's so thin that any surface it's not totally flat it doesn't make contact. Other TIMs because they applied in more thick layers can forgive some imperfections.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast