cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH Display Is Not Bad!

Draetor24
Level 7
Just got mine yesterday and the display is not as bad as everyone claims it to be. First of all, I've been using a glossy G73JH laptop for the past 3 yrs, so when I got the matte display, I knew I'd need to re-adjust.

It's also true there is a mild grainy look over white backgrounds, but it's not an unnatural ugly look. It's more like "film grain" turned on in a game that makes textures look more natural without a polished gloss. Also, the colors and brightness are even better than my glossy screen when I ran Heaven/3DMark benchmarks.

I'm just deciding whether to keep Splendid when I do my clean install. It was on during my benchmarks and everything seemed nice, so I might decide to keep it, since it has options to change the colors around with diff settings easily.

Oh and the touchpad is 10000x better than my G73JH's broken touchpad I've been dealing with for 3yrs.

I might miss the felt palm wrest going to the aluminum, but the aluminum is much more sharp and cleaner. NO more dust/fingerprints.
15 REPLIES 15

jsarver
Level 11
Where did u purchase? In the states? Cost and model number?

Bought from NCIX.com in Canada. G750JH-DB72-CA

However, I spoke too soon. I turned on the laptop this morning before work, and the display doesn't work. I connected to my TV with HDMI and that works fine, so it looks like my display's cable is loose/defective or the entire display itself is toast.

I HATE HATE having to deal with returning a brand new product like this. I do not want to have it repaired either, it's BRAND NEW. Would it be too much to request another one from the retailer where I purchased?

I bought mine from NCIX to but they sent me the messed up keyboard abortion epic fail layout one not the standard layout. I actually had an email in to them to confirm that they were shipping me the one with the right layout and they said no they shipped me one with the other version so I RMA'd it back to them before it even left the UPS depot so I have to wait for it to arrive first which then it will be immediately returned then they will ship the proper version.
So be careful if you order one from Canada make sure they don't sneak you the messed up version. For 2k trying to offload junk versions with wrong keyboards is just bad.

jsarver
Level 11
Hell no. Swap that out!

MusterBuster
Level 7
Got my hopes up man with your first post but your second made me doubt again. I am thinking of buying JH too but there are just so many issues with these laptops. It is ridiculous. How can something be worth this amount of money and have so many problems.
ASUS G750JH

MusterBuster wrote:
Got my hopes up man with your first post but your second made me doubt again. I am thinking of buying JH too but there are just so many issues with these laptops. It is ridiculous. How can something be worth this amount of money and have so many problems.

Dont forget that for every unsatisfied person here, there are maybe 100 who never writes on a fora, happy with their working machine.
Every product has flawed units, wheter it is Rog or Alienware. You dont even have to go far, just look here and see for yourself http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m18x/

So bashing a product or a producer for a bad product is just ppl venting off steam, not a sign of a bad product..

Remember, those not satiesfied always shoud the loudest, those satisfied usually stays quiet.

Regards
Jesper
My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
//Blessed are the cheesemakers

I sincerely hope that is the case mate. Because I am still planning on buying a JH. I will just have to hope that mine is not one of those.
ASUS G750JH

In my job I have alot to do with Dell, HP and Lenovo. We get 2k+ machines every year and from my knowledge theres always a few maschines with flaws, from keyboard with different country keys to defektive parts, so I dont worry bout the quality of the machine I ordered yesterday..

I was hoping to wait, until the 129Hz/3D screen would become available in Denmark, but all contact to any reseller and to Asus has proven fruitless.
None was able to give even a tiny estimate as to when such a model would be available.
So I ordered what I could get, and now it's just waiting until it arrives.
Reseller has estimated arrivaldate at 9/9 -the model is Asus G750JH-4060T.

Regards
Jesper
My opinions are my own, I do not work for Asus or any other manufacturer of computers or computer parts. I do not speak on behalf of anybody, but myself.
//Blessed are the cheesemakers

BTW, for anyone reading this thread, I want to make it clear that I am not bashing Asus. I actually like Asus products and recommend them to friends; however, after reading many complaints about factory quality of their products, and having my new laptop be one of them, it makes me wonder if there really are a lot of defective builds out there.

I loved my G73JH for the past 3yrs, and was very satisfied with it, although even that laptop had its display replaced at one point during my 3yrs with it. It just makes me wonder about the quality of the displays Asus uses, especially after reading about everyone elses display horror stories.

I actually didn't mind the display on the G750JH, hence the start of this post. It's not the greatest, but the contrast and brightness of the display was incredible, and anti-glare is a boost. The problem just lies in if the display will actually continue to work. With the 2 Asus laptops I've owned, I've had to replace the display once on each already, and the second one within a day after purchase.

While I still like the Asus product, I have to question the quality on their displays. Their service has been great for me so far though.

I have Purolator coming to my workplace to pick up my laptop for RMA today.