Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

G750JH Display Is Not Bad!

Just got mine yesterday and the display is not as bad as everyone claims it to be. First of all, I've been using a glossy G73JH laptop for the past 3 yrs, so when I got the matte display, I knew I'd need to re-adjust.

It's also true there is a mild grainy look over white backgrounds, but it's not an unnatural ugly look. It's more like "film grain" turned on in a game that makes textures look more natural without a polished gloss. Also, the colors and brightness are even better than my glossy screen when I ran Heaven/3DMark benchmarks.

I'm just deciding whether to keep Splendid when I do my clean install. It was on during my benchmarks and everything seemed nice, so I might decide to keep it, since it has options to change the colors around with diff settings easily.

Oh and the touchpad is 10000x better than my G73JH's broken touchpad I've been dealing with for 3yrs.

I might miss the felt palm wrest going to the aluminum, but the aluminum is much more sharp and cleaner. NO more dust/fingerprints.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Where did u purchase? In the states? Cost and model number?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Bought from NCIX.com in Canada. G750JH-DB72-CA

However, I spoke too soon. I turned on the laptop this morning before work, and the display doesn't work. I connected to my TV with HDMI and that works fine, so it looks like my display's cable is loose/defective or the entire display itself is toast.

I HATE HATE having to deal with returning a brand new product like this. I do not want to have it repaired either, it's BRAND NEW. Would it be too much to request another one from the retailer where I purchased?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Hell no. Swap that out!

ROG Junior Member Array MusterBuster's Avatar

Got my hopes up man with your first post but your second made me doubt again. I am thinking of buying JH too but there are just so many issues with these laptops. It is ridiculous. How can something be worth this amount of money and have so many problems.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I was tempted to get Alienware this time around; however their cooling is not as good, their pricing is way too high, and their GPU had throttling issues last I read.

My Asus G73JH had it's issues as well, but served me well for the last 3yrs and I loved it.

ROG Member Array

Hey Drea, I got my Jh as well, and I believe we share the same model too. I'm unable to put it through any serious game tests, have you had any real tests?

Quote Originally Posted by MusterBuster View Post
    Got my hopes up man with your first post but your second made me doubt again. I am thinking of buying JH too but there are just so many issues with these laptops. It is ridiculous. How can something be worth this amount of money and have so many problems.
    Dont forget that for every unsatisfied person here, there are maybe 100 who never writes on a fora, happy with their working machine.
    Every product has flawed units, wheter it is Rog or Alienware. You dont even have to go far, just look here and see for yourself http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m18x/

So bashing a product or a producer for a bad product is just ppl venting off steam, not a sign of a bad product..

Remember, those not satiesfied always shoud the loudest, those satisfied usually stays quiet.

Regards
    Jesper

ROG Junior Member Array MusterBuster's Avatar

I sincerely hope that is the case mate. Because I am still planning on buying a JH. I will just have to hope that mine is not one of those.

In my job I have alot to do with Dell, HP and Lenovo. We get 2k+ machines every year and from my knowledge theres always a few maschines with flaws, from keyboard with different country keys to defektive parts, so I dont worry bout the quality of the machine I ordered yesterday..

I was hoping to wait, until the 129Hz/3D screen would become available in Denmark, but all contact to any reseller and to Asus has proven fruitless.
    None was able to give even a tiny estimate as to when such a model would be available.
    So I ordered what I could get, and now it's just waiting until it arrives.
    Reseller has estimated arrivaldate at 9/9 -the model is Asus G750JH-4060T.

Regards
    Jesper
    Last edited by CamainDK; 08-29-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast